#1 soliant

soliant

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:47 PM

After reading the noob guide and some tuts, I am trying to figure out the steps to adding larger HD.

Looking for a simple method to replace HDD, but I have pbl and font hacks running evox ? I am trying to piece things together, which brings me to the questions below:

question 1 : can i make a boot disk and add the format hdd option in the evox.ini. then format the drive, however, after that do I just copy over my other files from my previous hard drive ?

question 2 : this tut No Modchip Hdd Replacement Tutorial (v0.1) says

It is important to not use any bios loaders, font hacks, sound hacks, or anything like this as we need a pure key generated for your xbox harddrive.
, so is there any alternative, that you can do a HDD replacement with font hacks or not ?

question 3: i've also read that being soft-modded I won't be able to use Slayer's disc, could I get around this obstacle by flashing my bios ? bios is original 4034.

Thanks.

Edited by soliant, 27 January 2004 - 12:52 PM.

#2 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (soliant @ Jan 27 2004, 09:47 AM)
so is there any alternative, that you can do a HDD replacement with font hacks or not ?

I don't know if it's an option for you, but one alternative is to borrow a modchip to do the swap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users