• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 batmeat

batmeat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 11:57 PM

First, Yes, I read the guides on emulation. They were helpful to a point. The search feature is offline right now for some reason so I'm posing the question here. I downloaded FCEUltra nes emulator off irc and I don't know where to put it on my xbox hard drive. I tried directly under E: and F: and I cant see it with my dashboard after a reboot. In short, I have everything, but I don't know where to put it.

Forgot to mention that I can play the roms on my xbox just fine. What I don't like is that I have to manually browse to the default.xbe file using boxplorer, then I can run it. My current dashboard has a menu for installed emulators, it is there that nothing shows up.

Edited by batmeat, 28 January 2004 - 12:28 AM.

#2 SS2Gohan

SS2Gohan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:07 PM

Do ya have XBMP on your box? If so, you need to create (if not there) a folder at the following. "e:/apps/XBMP/emulator/*/" You'll need to make a folder named "ROMS" also in the above folder. Put the ROMS there. Then you need to edit the *.ini file. Just make everything point to this folder. After that you just Go to XBMP, then My Programs, Emulator and you should see it there.

* - whatever you name the folder.

email @ kcsxb0x@msn.com if you need more help.

#3 Shadowland

Shadowland

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 06:13 PM

What dashboard are you using? Avalaunch, EvoX, MXM?

If you're using EvoX then put FCEUltra in either your E or F drive, then go to your C drive and edit the evox.ini file. Make sure to have a copy of the original evox.ini file before you edit it, just in case you mess up. I'm not near my Xbox at the moment to give you clearer instructions, but I'll continue later if you want?

If you're using Avalaunch or MXM then I can't help you, I don't know the first thing about either of those dashboards.

#4 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 February 2004 - 07:47 PM

from the 'begginers guide to emulation' pinned topic.

Step 7: adding the emulators to your dashboard menu.
There are several good dashboards “out there” that replace the original MS Dash. Depending on your dashboard, one way or the other you have to make your emulators accessible for the system. For more information on how to set up your dash, go to the tutorial section here and see if you can’t find information for configuring your dash

That link is to the evolutionx tutorials. There are many many of them that go into setting up apps/emulators/games so your dashboard can see them. Please next time read carefully.

Edited by Iriez, 05 February 2004 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users