havocaose

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:08 AM

I just got this software for osx.. got the demo and then decided to buy it becuase i liked it so much. Just a heads up to all of you making your own cases, this software is a very useful tool that lets you use measurements and make a digital concept before you actually start constructing. I'm not advertising or anything, I had just never heard of this before i stumbled upon it on version-tracker, and it turned out to work really well and thought maybe some of you might like to try it out too.
you can try the windows or mac versions here
BTW: it doesn't render photo-realistically, but i kinda like it, reminds me of XIII.

#2 TeonHarasymiv

TeonHarasymiv

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:27 AM

Yea, its a great program - its what I used to make my concepts in:

user posted image

#3 weeman666

weeman666

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:42 AM

i downloaded it and i am really bad at it you make fantastic sketches how long did you have to play with it to get that good? and i was wondering are you ever goin to make that box "ur concept" i went to draw up my mod in there and i was seriously screwed i am looking for people that will help me with it and give me some info but i dont want to give the mod away for other people to try i am not the first for anything so if you would like to help me out pm me or email me

Shorty_170@msn.com

#4 havocaose

havocaose

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:06 AM

teon how did you make that curved front from the top.. i cant figure it out :S ... like where the front face merges with the top.

#5 iz3r

iz3r

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:11 AM

how long does it take to make a decent model

#6 havocaose

havocaose

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:36 AM

not too long considering the prog is based on geometry and will make little guidelines automatically for you when you near a perpendicular line or a parralell line.. those sorts of things.

#7 havocaose

havocaose

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:03 AM

see i just made this model in about 20 minutes.. and im really bad at sketchup, so that must mean its really easy to use.. by no means is my model decent.. it has no gills or any other kind of details.. but its still is recognizable.
user posted image

#8 Untouchable

Untouchable

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:09 AM

the link isnt working for me dry.gif

#9 havocaose

havocaose

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Untouchable @ Jan 28 2004, 04:09 AM)
the link isnt working for me dry.gif

what do you mean.. does it have a page cannot be displayed or can you just not find a download at that page.

#10 TrUnX

TrUnX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:08 AM

Doesnt work for me either, http://downloads.ske...recordid=146123 this page cannot be displayed :-/

#11 havocaose

havocaose

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:21 AM

well thats embarasing sad.gif

#12 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:27 AM

those renders look real nice, good luck converting that into a real object tongue.gif

#13 havocaose

havocaose

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:35 AM

eh.. the whole sketchup download server is down right now aparently, i couldn't get to any tutorials

#14 TeonHarasymiv

TeonHarasymiv

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:39 AM

I am planing on making that box, but in about 2 weeks time, becasue I have a unit test comming up, not to mention no money atm mad.gif

Making modles doesnt take too long once you get used to the program, because as havocaose said it is designed to make creating models fast and easy.

I learnt by looking at the video tutorials here - they are a bit too slow in some parts (for instance they start by explaining what a mouse does have how to use it dry.gif ) , but they do have a lot of usefull stuff in there.

For info on how to quickly do things like the grills at the side of the box, take a look at 'Creating Linear and Circular Arrays' (on the above page).

To make the curves in my model I drew two lines that didnt quite meet, and then drew an arc to join them. Then I extruded that shape out to make the plates (not sure if that made much sence...)

One more tip I have is to always use groups and layers - it really helps!

Good luck!

#15 havocaose

havocaose

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (TeonHarasymiv @ Jan 28 2004, 05:39 AM)
I am planing on making that box, but in about 2 weeks time, becasue I have a unit test comming up, not to mention no money atm mad.gif

Making modles doesnt take too long once you get used to the program, because as havocaose said it is designed to make creating models fast and easy.

I learnt by looking at the video tutorials here - they are a bit too slow in some parts (for instance they start by explaining what a mouse does have how to use it dry.gif ) , but they do have a lot of usefull stuff in there.

For info on how to quickly do things like the grills at the side of the box, take a look at 'Creating Linear and Circular Arrays' (on the above page).

To make the curves in my model I drew two lines that didnt quite meet, and then drew an arc to join them. Then I extruded that shape out to make the plates (not sure if that made much sence...)

One more tip I have is to always use groups and layers - it really helps!

Good luck!

ya that makes sense.. its that push in or out tool right? btw i just now found the arc tool ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users