feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 December 2002 - 01:46 AM

Why do so many people pick on the X-Ecuter? Here is what I have gathered, and my thoughts. Please feel free to correct me, or provide input.

<1. You can't flash the BIOS.>

Me: Does it matter, when the BIOS the chip has on it supports everything you need? (Except for those of you, who, for some reason, have to install EvoX on your HD, and you want to boot it as yboxdash.xbe to avoid problems with Xbox Live)

<2. The connector concept is flawed.>

Me: Who in their right mind would try to solder this to their MoBo using the intended install method? Are you kidding me! I was going to wire it up before I read the first post on this site about that... If you soldered this thing onto your board directly, just because it seemed "easy to install", I don't even know what to say...

<3. You have to know how to solder.>

Me: Please! Soldering takes 5 minutes to learn the concept. By now, you should now how to find a web tutorial that will give you every piece of information you need. If not, dust off your library card! You can practice on some scrap for 10 minutes and be good enough to do this. The only wire difficult to attach is the little biotch that hooks on the board, all alone, isolated, awaiting your silvery wire to bypass the onboard BIOS... With a steady hand, and patience, it will not give you trouble. (If you use illegal narcotics on a regular basis (for example, crack or heroine), disregard this, as you cannot stay still long enough to solder a wire...)

<4. It only works on a V1 XBox.>

Me: Screw the V1.1 XBox! It is a POS. MicroCrap (M$) took parts out of the V1 to save money, not make it better! Don't you like fans cooling your system? Get a V1, even if you have to buy a used one from ebgames.

Am I missing something? Is their something else this card CANNOT do that I, or anyone else, really need or want?

Is their a good reason for X-Ecuter people to buy the new X-Ecuter? Everything I have seen so far gives me the same features, just a new connector...

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:08 AM

Ah well... I think most people copped an attitude towards the X-ecutor when they promised a "1-wire mod" and delivered exactly that... but not what people expected, since they still had to solder blobs in.

Can't please all the people all the time, and that stunt cost them a lot of brownie points with people.

#3 MrEs

MrEs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:14 AM

yea id have to agree with that

#4 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:27 AM

Not to mention that some people just hate that team. They do good work (usually), but they're pretty immature at times.

#5 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 04:22 AM

Still new to these forums, so I haven't seen the immaturity mentioned on a firsthand basis as of yet... I have heard of this coming up before though, so I am begining to think that they very well could be "jerks" at times...

Ahh Yes, the "blobs". Well put! I have to agree with that too! It said one wire, but didn't really promote you had 10+ solder points! Sort of false advertising... It didn't damage my opinion of the product, however.

#6 Merle Corey

Merle Corey

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 December 2002 - 01:10 PM

To add to the list (and kudos for making this the best discussion of this subject I've seen), Team X said something (I don't know what the exact statement was, nor the timing) that led some people to expect that a programmer would be made available and that it would be possible to (easily) flash the Xecuter.

Am I missing something? Is their something else this card CANNOT do that I, or anyone else, really need or want?

Is their a good reason for X-Ecuter people to buy the new X-Ecuter? Everything I have seen so far gives me the same features, just a new connector...

In short, no, if you're happy with your X-ecuter, there's no reason for you to buy an X-ecuter2. While some of the new features are good ones (flashable, multibios), most are either window dressing (connectors, connectors, connectors) or are really BIOS features available to anyone with a flashable mod with sufficient capacity (in game reset, any of the others that are yet-to-be released).

MC

#7 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 04:38 PM

Didn't know that! I never new they made a commitment to making it easily flashable. I have seen some tutorials on flashing an X-Ecuter, but you have to make a homeade adapter, etc...

I don't need Multibios, I think. Why would I need to boot multiple BIOS versions? Isn't one BIOS, with all the features, enough? Why have 4 different BIOS loads, and have to switch between them?

I will say the only good thing I've heard about the X-Ecuter2 is that it is easily flashable, from the LPC. Right now it doesn't really make a difference, but in the future, if M$ does something, you could update your BIOS on the chip, rather than buy a new mod... Let's pray that doesn't happen!

#8 iam

iam

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 04:42 PM

Most of the people that bash on Xecuter never used one in the first place...

#9 sonic-iso

sonic-iso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:24 PM

xecuter never once said they would make a flash update tool

they said they may look at it - instead they decided to completely revamp the mod itself

and i have no idea where all this "immaturity" bullshit comes from ??

All ive seen is xecuter sticking up fro themselves when they were being bitched at - and that was like 3 months ago.

All ive seen recently is a solid site giving solid information - and they dont post anywhere for anyone to have this false impression of them

I talk to one of the Xecyter guys onluine and hes very helpful and keeps me up to date

so all of you who bash them - you have zero reason to and are just following the lame crowd - get your own opinions from facts as well as getting a life.

#10 sonic-iso

sonic-iso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Merle Corey @ Dec 5 2002, 08:10 AM)
most are either window dressing (connectors, connectors, connectors)

I totally disagree

The connectors are there to give ALL users a choice of how they can connect the mod to the mainboard. It its 100% consumer based and I applaud them for it

Better than forcing the customer to connect 1 way only and having to pay extra for it - dont you agree ?

#11 sonic-iso

sonic-iso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (KazuyaWaruasobi @ Dec 4 2002, 09:27 PM)
Not to mention that some people just hate that team. They do good work (usually), but they're pretty immature at times.

2 things i'd like to touch on

you say they do good work (mostly)

which bit of enigmah / xecuter1 / xecuter2 / dvdx1 / dvdx2 was the bit that warranted you saying (mostly)

and secondly - immature at times. You make it sound like you are best pals with them and read their personal comments every day. Don't just say that - give us facts. You can't - know why ? there aint any. The last flame I saw on their site was 3 months ago. If thast the best you can come with then DAMN boy that is weak !

#12 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:08 PM

Wow. Quite a response from Sonic-Iso. Thanks for your input. You are the first to "stick up" for the X-Ecuter guys. This is why I started this post... I want to find out why people bash them. I have no reason to yet. So far the X-Ecuter mod I purchased is working, and has all the options that I need.

To date, I have not been treated negatively, or even seen negative things from them... Anyone have any link to "examples" of what is expected from this team? (good posts, bad posts, etc.)

And for the connectors, I agree. I like having the options!

#13 bennyboyamo

bennyboyamo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:18 PM

I don't have any problems with the X-ecuter, I think it's great, took 5 minutes to install and it works great.
If there is any future issues (ie non-flashable) I'll buy another chip, so far my X-ecuter has saved me loads of money, and for that I thank them smile.gif
Ben

#14 M@verick

M@verick

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:44 PM

I think the animosity towards them is mostly because of all the shit talking they started with the Xodus team. I don't have any problem with them and if my matrix shifts in the next 2 months and I have to realign it, I'll just upgrade to a x-ecuter2 pro.

What I find funny is that they bash the Xodus chip for only being 256k when they don't even have a 1 mb chip on the market yet.

#15 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:56 PM

So would everyone agree that most people that have a problem, have sed problem with "Team X-Ecuter", and not the X-Ecuter mod-chip? That seems to be the trend developing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users