3 replies to this topic

#1 notesguru99

notesguru99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:24 AM

Hello,

I've got a modded xbox with an executor 2.2 lite and the avalaunch 048.4 dash. I want to upgrade the HDD, so can I use the guides, which describe creating a boot disk in the evolution-x dash, to create an avalaunch dash boot cd with the format options to format my new HDD?

I've never used evolution-x before, what happens if I use an evox boot disk, does it have any bearing on my bios?

I'm afraid my understanding of this topic is limited to about 2 days of reading!!!

Thanks in advance.

#2 snart

snart

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:45 PM

If you create a boot disc, everything is basically localized to that disc. Because a boot disc can't be overwritten, you need to make sure that everything is correct (such as ftp info) before you burn the disc.

Booting up with an evolution disc will not affect anything on your hard drives, including avalaunch.

#3 psychoace

psychoace

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:01 AM

I would suggest putting unleashx on a cd and using it to format your hd. All you have to do is download extract iso it and burn no need to fiddle with settings. Once unleashx boots it will see your hd is not formated and it will ask you if you want to format it and then follow the usual process after that install your xbox junk and bam your set

#4 notesguru99

notesguru99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 06:30 AM

many thanks for the replies, unleashx sounds like the business, I will search it out on the net.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users