#1 jcbuche

jcbuche

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:49 PM

Any one got ant ideas as to where I could put a 80mm fan to keep things cool? I would like it in the case but that might be tough.

All my specs are in my sig.

LMK, thanks

#2 phishstyx

phishstyx

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:45 PM

I'd say put the 80mm fan where your xbox normal fan is. If not, I know that XP_Gamer put two fans on the outer right side of his console. But besides that I don't think that there are to many options

#3 jcbuche

jcbuche

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:47 PM

Ya but a 80mm is bigger than the stock one. Maybe on the side, i've seen that, but it looks kinda weird.

If I did put one on the side, should I blow the air in ot out?

#4 mastercheef

mastercheef

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:13 PM

Alright, here's the deal, jcbuche. You're a senior member here at XBox scene. That means that even if you've been posting in other Forums, you understand how to use the Search button. Some people like you complain that the Search option is down - well you know what? Do a manual search through the last few pages of postings. Because of you, guys like me answer your questions day after day. I think that after this post, I'll be stoping altogether answering rediculous posts like this.

Yes, 80mm fans are larger than the stock one, that's why you do some cutting away of the plastic on the fan and the hard drive tray. I won't tell you how to do this because it's common knowledge now. Also, if you plan on putting a fan on the SIDE of the XBox, you're better off having it blow INTO the box, since the box already has a *great* air circulation system, where the air is pulled through the fins in the sides, past the internal components, and out through the CPU heatsink via rear fan.

I should smack you.

#5 jcbuche

jcbuche

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:21 PM

I was asking for people's opinions, not a tut. Or new ideas people may have.

Don't be such a fucking idiot!

#6 mastercheef

mastercheef

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:25 PM

Hah. My opinion - replace the stock fan.

#7 b_killa

b_killa

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:10 PM

I would replace stock fan and put like 2 60 mm fans on the side by the power supply, 1 or 2 really, cut a hole in the plastic and metal shielding (the power supply hdd and heatsinks are all on right side thats where the fan should go you should also get a mcpx heatsink.

good luck

#8 Zodiiak

Zodiiak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (b_killa @ Jan 28 2004, 01:10 PM)
I would replace stock fan and put like 2 60 mm fans on the side by the power supply, 1 or 2 really, cut a hole in the plastic and metal shielding (the power supply hdd and heatsinks are all on right side thats where the fan should go you should also get a mcpx heatsink.

good luck

iamwithstupid.gif Agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users