unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:26 PM

I just sent out a test build yesterday for the beta tester team to test, as well as those who are having major problems with the last release. The results are looking very good. Most of them said the IGR/boot up problem has been solved. I, myself, did more than 40 IGR consecutively, from MS dash, MS DVD player, a few games, and the dash itself without lock ups. So things are looking pretty good.

Only thing is that the background music has undergone a major surgery and I didn't like the outcome. I'm about 75% sure it's not what's causing lockups, but it sure did contributed to it. I'll be preserving a copy of the current code, then go back to previous music implementation and see how it goes. If I could bring back the functionality without affecting the current stability, then, great, if not, oh well. I could still modify the new code to mimic the current implemention, but not without major effect to the overall performance. I'm 90% sure the old code will make it back.

I also added some action commands. Now, on to adding some more features. wink.gif

#2 RustAngel

RustAngel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:32 PM

You rock dude, keep up your awesome work. UX rules!

(just a lil pat on the back for ya, didn't have anything constructive to say ;p)

Now if only AXS would let me u/l my latest skin...*grr*

#3 yourwishismine

yourwishismine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:54 PM

Too bad the lockups haven't been figured out.. that's a shame.. I would also love to see some more work done on the smoothness of playing back wmv files.. MXM still is the best in that area... but like the previous person said... You Rock Dude.. thank you much for all your great contributions to us lesser mortals...

#4 ScOrPiOn-X

ScOrPiOn-X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:19 PM

That's good news to hear unleashx hope things get better for this dash as I want to make it my default as soon as it gets stable enough.

One suggestion . o O ( maybe a dumb one at that, but here goes anyways ) have you tried to disable the ambient sound and see if that is not the cause of the sound lock ups?

As always keep up the good work beerchug.gif .

GreetZ

#5 Thing2

Thing2

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:37 AM

Well, it's STABLE enough smile.gif
At least the new beta build is....give it a shot.....It performs just as well if not better than the last public release.....just no freezing smile.gif
Here are my findings!

Using X.select 0.6

(Music Random)

Hard Reboot 1: Loaded
Hard Reboot 2: Loaded
Hard Reboot 3: Loaded

*Loaded a game*

Used In-game reset: Worked

Hard Reboot 4: Loaded
Hard Reboot 5: Loaded
Hard Reboot 6: Loaded

*Loaded a game*

Used In-game reset: Worked

-Turned the xbox off and Waited 10 minutes-

Boot: Loaded (Music took about 3 seconds to kick in)
Soft Boot 1: Loaded
Soft Boot 2: Loaded

*Loaded an Emulator*
Used in-game reset: Worked (Took longer than usual) - xsnes9x

*Loaded xsnesx again*
Used in-game reset: Worked (Regular speed)

-Turned the xbox off and waited 10 minutes-

Boot: Loaded
Soft Boot 1: Loaded
Soft Boot 2: Loaded

*Loaded application* -XBMP

Used in-game reset: Worked

(The previous version would have at least locked up once by now)

Hard Boot 1: Loaded
Hard Boot 2: Loaded
Hard Boot 3: Loaded

-I dont think this thing is going to lockup smile.gif

I've been booting and rebooting it all day, and it hasn't frozen once!
I didn't continue to log it, as I figured I should only log it if it
messed up....and...as you can see, there are no other entries!

#6 sirsmooth

sirsmooth

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:06 PM

Yep, mine was feezing up on nearly every IGR.
It has not crashed once since the update.
And belive me, i have IGRed hundreds of times since the update, no crashes.

Sorted, whoot

#7 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:51 AM

this new version is awesome. no lockups for me at all.

problem is with the soundtrack is that its not very random. on the older version, it used to start at soundtrack 1 and within a second or 2 find a random one, now it just seems to play the first one and stay there. only changes soundtracks if i tell it to.

but as he said it'd probably be suttin to do with the code hes pulled out.

otherwise, awesome work!

#8 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:00 AM

I tried using the old code for background music, but it seemed to lock up once in a while. So I guess the new music stuff will have to stay. It's pretty stable, though it added 50+kb to the physical size of the xbe.

New unofficial build is up, by the way (Feb 02 -Note: Not for public release). I tried as much as possible to make the music "more random" and it should be now. The only functionality that was lost was that pressing dpad left or right for previous/next song will select a random song according to the playlist, not in the order they were entered by the MS dash -(only if you set it to play randomly, that is). When in random mode, all songs from a soundtrack will be played first, then it will select a new soundtrack randomly. I can emulate the old implemetation but not without affecting the performance, so it's a low priority.

I have received a report that IR code now works on the new dongle, though, it sometimes skip a button press. I just need to lessen the latency, but I can't really test it since I'm using the old dongle, so it's going to be a guesswork. But, it works now, at least.

I'm very happy with the stability now. I just need to test a few more things and add new feature/s in. Currently, I'm revisiting the posted bugs and hope to iron them out. I also added a few more action command, and menu layout option but still maintaining simplicity of the xml code.

#9 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (unleashx @ Feb 2 2004, 10:00 PM)
I tried using the old code for background music, but it seemed to lock up once in a while. So I guess the new music stuff will have to stay. It's pretty stable, though it added 50+kb to the physical size of the xbe.

New unofficial build is up, by the way (Feb 02 -Note: Not for public release). I tried as much as possible to make the music "more random" and it should be now. The only functionality that was lost was that pressing dpad left or right for previous/next song will select a random song according to the playlist, not in the order they were entered by the MS dash -(only if you set it to play randomly, that is). When in random mode, all songs from a soundtrack will be played first, then it will select a new soundtrack randomly. I can emulate the old implemetation but not without affecting the performance, so it's a low priority.

I have received a report that IR code now works on the new dongle, though, it sometimes skip a button press. I just need to lessen the latency, but I can't really test it since I'm using the old dongle, so it's going to be a guesswork. But, it works now, at least.

I'm very happy with the stability now. I just need to test a few more things and add new feature/s in. Currently, I'm revisiting the posted bugs and hope to iron them out. I also added a few more action command, and menu layout option but still maintaining simplicity of the xml code.

check your email wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users