6 replies to this topic

#1 limp666

limp666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:00 AM

i have a matrix installed.all i use it for is to play my xbox backups (of the original game of course lol).I want to know if i buy xbox live and the original xbox live game and turn off my matrix will xbox live boot and not ban me? muhaha.gif

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:19 AM

Put your Matrix in mode 3. Load a backup game (assuming you are running an Evo dash) and hit reset when the game is running. The original BIOS will load and you will be back at the MS dash. Oh, BTW, make sure you have the Evo dash saved as like evodash.xbe or whatever, just don't have it be xboxdash.xbe. Also, your HD will have to be locked or else you will get an error message when you hit reset because the HD isn't locked. MS dash wants a locked HD.

SO, you are now at the MS dash with the modchip off. Install Xbox Live. Now, you can play Xbox Live with ORIGINAL games. Not backups. To play Xbox Live safely, refer to the previous steps. Load a backup from Evo dash, reset when it is running, and when you are at the MS dash, put in the original game and you are good to go.

An important thing to remember is to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have the modchip off when you are going to the MS dash. I am not sure if it is safe to go to the dash straight from the Evo dash, but I won't recommend it.

Finally, when Live is done installing, the MS dash will be saved as xboxdash.xbe in C: and your Evo dash will still be whatever you called. This allows nice updates from Live which won't nuke your machine.

That was a quick tutorial from me. A very important thing to remember to do when installing Live is to search through these boards and the tutorials and UNDERSTAND what you are doing. A very bad thing to do is to race through the instructions and half fast do it. You may do it correctly, but its just unsafe to do. Once you are banned from Live, well you are banned for life (so far that is).

Good luck

PS. Boo-ya! Longest post ever from me I think...

Edited by shanafan, 05 December 2002 - 07:20 AM.

#3 limp666

limp666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 08:52 AM

thanx for the info man ,but i dont have a larger hdd ,kept the one that came with my xbox,and i dont play games off harddrive,i just play backups.But i have 2 xbox live original games.So i can play these than right?

#4 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:12 AM

Sure, I do believe (correct if I am wrong) but when you want to play Live, just turn your mod off. I believe its setting the jumpers 1 and 2 both to off. Then, happy online gaming!

#5 Keva

Keva

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:22 AM

i thought it was boot an original game then hit reset dry.gif

#6 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:31 AM

i thought it was boot an original game then hit reset

Doesn't matter. You can reset the Xbox while a backup or an original game is playing.

#7 limp666

limp666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 12:49 PM

cool man .Ill be buying xbox live tommorow its true its damn true!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users