5 replies to this topic

#1 Bullets2

Bullets2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

Hey all, i've been posting a lot here lately, you all have been of great assitance, however, along with all the other crap i'm going to do to my xbox, i wanna SWAP the original xbox dvd-rom for another dvd-rom and have it able to play originals, like the Samsung 616t drive would after its modded...only thing is that Samsung drive is now discontinued...does anyone have any other tutorials for other drives that are easier to obtain and can be a fully functional replacement in the xbox? Thanks! biggrin.gif

#2 tankertux

tankertux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:27 PM

Check the tuts. I've seen another dvd-rom drive in there that can be modded to play xbox games. Other than that, you can get the samsungs off of ebay or even hook up any regular dvd-rom drive externally.

#3 Bullets2

Bullets2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 01:43 AM

thanks for the reply, i checked out some drives on ebay, they're friggin expensive!! does anyone else know other drives that can replace the stock xbox drive? and know of a tutorial out on them? i checked on this sites tut's section and they only have the samsung and sony drive for replacement, and the sony tut is way to difficult for me...wouldn't know wher to begin...so any help is appreciated. Thanks. biggrin.gif

#4 megahertz

megahertz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 01:51 AM

That Pretty much It the 616t is the only replacement drive that will play originals

#5 J_Frog

J_Frog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

I know this is not the forum to ask this but the search is not working for me. So is the any place to get a Samsung SD-616t modded for an Xbox for a reasonable price such as under 100 bucks? if so could you contact me. or point me in the right direction. I have been looking for the most part of the moring and like the cheapest was like 125 or something like that. thanks.

#6 Lorre

Lorre

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 07:35 PM

You won't find them any cheaper than 125 if you want them pre-modded.
Btw, it's hard to get the t616 to fit perfectly, why don't you buy a regular Xbox Samsung drive?
They fit perfectly and they read everything as well.
Cheapest way to get one is buy a second hand Xbox of eBay that has a Samsung drive and swap the drives between the second hand one and your own and then you sell the one that used to have the Samsung drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users