• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 galliano

galliano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 02:17 PM

Woo .. 1st off . i goto admit MXM is mighty impressive (using the Architect skin now). Was on Evox the whole week, converted to Unleash last nite, now using MXM. Cool stuff .. love the idea of "skinning"my Xbox .. hardly got time to play my games since got the Xbox.

Some queries (hope u guys can help me out) :

1) I did not create a Menu.xml .. thus by default. I realise i got only "Games", "Applications" & "Dashboard" on my screen. Is that the reason why?? Or does it have to do with the MXM.xml? Its kinda bare i goto admit since there's only 3 options. I used the sample MXM.xml that was on the BenJeremy site. Very helpful site.

2) I cant seem to find a "Copy game to disk" option in MXM. I've goto launch my Unleash dash application and use its in-built function. True?? Or else use DVD2Xbox which i dun really like.

Thanks in advance people.

#2 galliano

galliano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 02:47 PM

Opps .. i cant seem to change the "Network" settings as well ... thats odd. I remember changing the IP, DNS .. in Evox and Unleash. Went thru the entire menu in the MXM dash .. cant seem to find a edit option.

My PC cant connect to my Xbox thru MXM Dash?

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 January 2004 - 04:02 PM

Those types of options are being implemented or have been implemented in some fashion using ActionScripts.

I'm working hard to get a new release that will feature COMPLETE 100% configuration of all options - in an easier manner than any dashboard to date - but I can't give any real estimate when that will be done. In the meantime, check the ActionScript forums or check with some of the guys on IRC for scripts that will do those things for you.

In short, MXM ActionScripts have the power to do a lot of cool things, but I haven't opted to include these scripts in the public release yet. I have decided to include one, though, for the next release so far - geniusalz' Tetris game. When I finalize the SystemUI, my WIP testers will likely cook up some great scripts and I'll include the most practical and useful in the next release as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users