• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 devlkore

devlkore

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Games, Photoshop, martial arts, soft toys, PokéMon, PowerPuff Girls, cartoons, music, jumping
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 January 2004 - 05:56 PM

Hey,
A lot of people are having trouble getting lightguns to work in the XSNES9X WIPs, me included, although I think I may have a couple of solutions.

Forget aiming for now, one of the problems I was having with my lightgun was that everytime it was plugged in, it would speed the game up, simple solution to that one, map the throttle/speed up/turbo button to one on the lightgun that you won't use. I have a useless Y button on my gun, so I just mapped it to that, problem solved.

ANother easily solvable problem is that sometimes XSNES9X seemed like it didn't want to recognise anything was even plugged in, again, simple solution, make sure the lightgun is plugged into controller port one and that you launch the game with the gun. This means, load up a scope game with the controller, enter the menu and select scope from the controller menu. Then exit the game, plug the lightgun into port one, then load the game using the gun's d-pad and trigger (trigger is A).

Ok, the biggest problem, for those that can get to the configuration screen (XSNES9X's, not a scope game's), but then find that once the gun is configured, it's only recognised when it's in the middle portion of the screen. Here' what you have to do, just unplug the lightgun, quite the configuration and plug the lightgun back in. Once you've launched whatever game you want to play, the red cross may only show up in the middle of the screen for a few seconds, but after that, the red cross should follow your aim and the games should be fully playable.

I accept that this probably won't work for everyone, especially those without X and Y buttons, but even if this helps just one person, it will be worth my effort typing this all out. I bought my lightguns almost exclusively for SNES games (that and HOTD2 & 3), so I was a bit pissed off when I could scope around all day.

LA!

The only bit of help I do need is to know how to turn OFF the red cross hair, because I don't like "laser sights" and it's slightly off, so I keep missing because I get distracted by it (how ironic).

Anyway, I hope this helps, and ThanX Lantus for letting me play all the scope games I missed out on cuz I was poor when I had my real scope.

#2 ZASADAR

ZASADAR

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:53 AM

thank you BUT I still cant get it to work it sometimes locks up

Edited by ZASADAR, 19 February 2004 - 03:09 AM.

#3 Gus Man

Gus Man

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:02 AM

I still can't get it to work with the silent scope light rifle.

#4 devlkore

devlkore

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Games, Photoshop, martial arts, soft toys, PokéMon, PowerPuff Girls, cartoons, music, jumping
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:56 AM

Have you tried using the gun in ports one and two?

#5 gusbee2000

gusbee2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:22 PM

same thing for me....
I tried your fix and nothing....

The silent scope rifle works perfectly with NES duck hunt...

But the SNES9x only recongnizes it in the center....
And it does not seem to work in any other emulator.

Thanks and message me if any thing figures anything out

thanks!
flamethrower.gif

#6 ZASADAR

ZASADAR

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:43 AM

how did you get nes working it locks up on me when i try to calibrate the gun even on duck hunt

Edited by ZASADAR, 22 February 2004 - 08:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users