9 replies to this topic

#1 rob7bt

rob7bt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 08:02 PM

DOES ANYONE DO IF I SUSPECT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY EEPROM HOW COULD OR WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO START A FRESH

#2 ftothe3

ftothe3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 09:41 PM

do you even know what an eeprom is?
1. what's the problem exactly.
2. loose the CAPS!

#3 rob7bt

rob7bt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 10:38 PM

electronic erasable read only memory you may be more educated than myself dont rude if you payed attention to the new posts you would of read the previous paragraph there i cant play games they dont boot ever whether they are on the hard disk or media ps: dont bother replying i can tell you are full of your self

#4 fluidmax

fluidmax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:16 PM

good thing you loose the caps.... laugh.gif

well use config magic final to restore a good eeprom then you are good to go.... i had the same probelm on one of my xbox and i didn't know eeprom was the problem...but as soon as i reprogramed the eeprom this problem went away....btw...try amped (it should boot even with a bad eeprom because it does not check eeprom for info about the xbox)

#5 rob7bt

rob7bt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:08 PM

cheers mate (fluidmax)will try this hopefully this will sort it then its been out of use for two months my nipper will be happy!!!!!

#6 rob7bt

rob7bt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:40 PM

fluidmax if your or someone else i tried loading amped because you said on the forum that amped does check eeprom only thing when i load it of the msdash it still says like all games the xbox wont let me play it due to the parental control setting....only thing is still cant change parental control setting due to the fact i havent got parental control tab om the msdash im f_cked people any help on this two month long task!!!!!

#7 fluidmax

fluidmax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 05:22 PM

parental control is in setting...go take a look..should be inside setting.

When the screen pops up that says Enter Pass Code press: X, Y, Left Trigger, X

master code to over write ....good luck

btw...parental control password is also stored in eeprom i believe...

Edited by fluidmax, 01 February 2004 - 12:57 AM.

#8 rob7bt

rob7bt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:43 PM

fluid max help tried amped no go still saying parental control setting wont allow the disc tp be played problem is when i go into ms dash then click settings tab there is no parental control tab in there to press x y left trigger etc thats why i need to know if the eeprom saves anything about p control it must do because i exchanged hdd today loaded of the slayers disk still no p control any ideas in config magic who to edit do i write down all relevant numbers etc then do an on the fly edit and type in the numbers i written down then upload that eeprom back???mate as i think ive said 2 poxy months ive been stuck on this !!!!!!!thanks for all your time and effort up to now its been very helpfull dont hink anybody else knows anything cos they dont reply except for that tosser going on about caps i didnt know caps was offensive in anyway cheers ROB

#9 fluidmax

fluidmax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 12:56 AM

i hope when you first moded your xbox you had saved a copy of your eeprom somewhere... otherwise you will have to ask a friend to share his eeprom.
load config magic final on a good xbox that has a good eeprom....then click backup eeprom in config magic final...now get that file to your xbox HD and follow the steps in here to restore your eeprom

http://www.xbox-scen...configmagic.php

btw...i think all xbox has parental control in the original MS dashboard...are you sure you didn't see it in the original dash under setting?....scroll down alittle it should be after "Auto sign in"

Edited by fluidmax, 01 February 2004 - 01:01 AM.

#10 rob7bt

rob7bt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:07 AM

cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!!cheers!!!fluidmax for your help!!! done fouind a backup of eeprom no luck doing it with c m but downloaded eepromagic saved bin backup to z: loaded prog pressed button b reseted it done plays everything again cool ps config magic probably good as you say its just i dont know how to load a backup eeprom into it!!!!! thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users