• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:ANIME!!??<br />modding for about 2 years, and have modded over 6 xboxes, i have expierence in eeproms
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:51 PM

Ok i am going to try to start from the begging, if any one can help me i will take any advice even if it is to have it done by someone else, but i would like to do it myself.

i bought an executer 2.3 lite plus (not 2.3b) once i got it installed on my 1.0 xbox i booted the chip and the cromwell bios booted up, after many tries i updated it to 2.8 bios not knowing the difference, when i found out i put the 4980 executer bios on my chip, when i turned it on it gave me error 13, i had flashed it on both bank 1 and bank 2 not knowing the difference. so i ordered the programmer, now i have 4981.06 bios on my chip, but i can't seem to get an evox boot disc to work. i have read through "Total Noobs guide to everything" and many other tutorials. i changed it to default.xbe, the .ini looks correct, but when i try the boot disc ( i have follwed all tutorials to the letter, and many restarts, at least 50, it still says the xobx cant recognize the disc. it is the same message if you put a burned disc on a unmodded box.) it still wont work. when i boot up the xbox the only thing different from an unmodded box is after the flubber animation it says executer2 instaed of M$. if any one is still reading this i thank you for your patience, any help is welcomed with open arms, i dont have a clue on what to do any more. i will answer any questions as best as i can. thanks
jester.gif
sorry it was soooo long

#2 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:59 PM

What kind of drive do you have in your xbox and what kind of media did you burn it on? Did you add in some dummy data?

#3 madhatter295

madhatter295

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:04 AM

are u using cd-rw or dvd?

#4 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:ANIME!!??<br />modding for about 2 years, and have modded over 6 xboxes, i have expierence in eeproms

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:06 AM

ok i have a thomson drive, i burned it on a maxell 650 mb cdrw's (that is what i used to update the chip to newer cromwell, then 4980) i have used my rws more than once each would that cause a problem? i tried 50 MB, 100, Mb, 200 Mb, 300 Mb, 400 Mb, and 500 MB dummy data, i have a dummy builder program that came with the cromwell bios i think.

jester.gif

#5 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:11 AM

i have a simple 48-X cd burner, so i dont know if i could burn dvd-rs

#6 madhatter295

madhatter295

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:24 AM

what make is the writer. are u writing in raw mode?
are u making an iso of evox with the dummy files in the iso? what burning program r u using

#7 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

i'm not sure what type of drive it is it shows no brand on it, and i am writing in iso mode.
i have tried burning in in the iso, and out of the iso, i am not sure which is right to use, and i am using Nero 6 ultra edition.

jester.gif

#8 madhatter295

madhatter295

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:43 AM

wat r u using to make the iso?

#9 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:45 AM

Craxtion
jester.gif

#10 madhatter295

madhatter295

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:50 AM

try using another iso maker like xISO also if that doesnt work try using another burner. i had some trouble with a samsung burner but then when i used a ricoh one it was fine.

#11 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:59 AM

all right i will try jester.gif

#12 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:40 AM

i believe i have a optorite cd drive
jester.gif

Edited by benj000, 31 January 2004 - 01:40 AM.

#13 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:30 PM

i have tried both Xiso and my dad's hp burner same thing, it just says the xbox can't read the disc
jester.gif

#14 wassco

wassco

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:40 PM

1. to start things out, thomspns drives blow ass, u got unlucky with your xbox *samsung is the best and i for one am 1 lucky sob*

2. i burn using NERO, i can stick a 1 mb bios on a completly BLANK cd and my xbox STILL reads it and flash's *again samsung is my baby*

3. use this method

Nero Burning rom *burning software*

MULTISESSION = no multisession
ISO = leave default settings
UDF = Leave default settings *but check the FORCE DVD-VIDEO CATPREU BOX* *if u dont it wont work*
LABEL = doesnt matter what u put in there
DATES = defaults dont touch
MISC = defaults dont touch
BURN = check the FINALIZE box, and select DISC-AT-ONCE

n e speed should work i burn fastest speed and still works

click burn and test

if this dont work....sorry m8 try a dvd-rw!

mind you samsung dvd drives will read almost n e thing...u can put a piece of toast in your dvd drive and it will still read it *strokes his xbox*

sorry if this didnt help oyu

#15 benj000

benj000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 02:14 PM

same thing no effect, but i have decided i am going to buy a new xbox and make sure that i can get the samsung drive, i want to say thanks for all the help i have gotten thanks and good night smile.gif

beerchug.gif jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users