#1 Circaflex

Circaflex

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:37 AM

Ok earlier today i was playing a backed up game with my xecuter 2.3b pro, and i go now to play that same game, but i notice when xbox turns on the Xbox boot screen now says MS, i say oh shoot maybe i dont have the modchip on, but it is on and the green light is on, i turn off the xbox and turn the modchip off than on and it still doesnt work. I havent moved the xbox since earlier and i havent done anything to it really. Is there any explanation for this?

#2 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:54 AM

If it boots to MS bios regardless of the mod being on or off - your D0 came undone. The on/off switch grounds/ungrounds D0. When D0 is grounded the Xbox boots the bios from the LPC points (where your modchip is). Right now it is booting from the TSOP on the motherboard regardless of your on/off which means it is not longer grounding D0.

#3 kurisu

kurisu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 January 2004 - 02:41 AM

ok i've been seeing a lot of posts lately about sudden frags or just the regular ms bios coming on with the mod chip on. Apparently most people are saying that you should rechecl your d0 or bad traces or splashes of solder.

What about the people who went with a lite + such as me

I understand that it needs to be alligned and all but when it does allign it FRAGs and when I move it to see if I didnt align the ms logo pops up

I was using X2 4980.67 on a X2 2.2lite+ and it just decided to frag one day, i dont understand sad.gif

#4 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (kurisu @ Jan 31 2004, 04:41 AM)
ok i've been seeing a lot of posts lately about sudden frags or just the regular ms bios coming on with the mod chip on. Apparently most people are saying that you should rechecl your d0 or bad traces or splashes of solder.

What about the people who went with a lite + such as me

I understand that it needs to be alligned and all but when it does allign it FRAGs and when I move it to see if I didnt align the ms logo pops up

I was using X2 4980.67 on a X2 2.2lite+ and it just decided to frag one day, i dont understand sad.gif

There is a troubleshooting link in my signature. It links to a specific post I made regarding how a modchip works and relates to D0 and the LPC. Spend 60 seconds reading it and you will understand everything better than most yahoos on this board.

#5 sfhuang

sfhuang

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 09:20 AM

That's the problem with these Lite+s - you need perfect alignment to get things working.

#6 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 January 2004 - 09:42 AM

well mine was fragging cause of a shitty ground (stripped the hole and screwed it down too tight) so when it comes loose it frags until i lift the box up and away from me...

finally opened it up the other day and fixed it lol...now its perfect...so people saying the d0 right away may be wrong...most cases for lite chips that are soldered is ground (if the chip was working previously) for new installs its a bad solder (dry joint, cold joint whatever you call it) if the chip turns on and off the d0 is fine...

#7 player1

player1

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 02:14 PM

The threadstarter doesnt mention fragging at all guys so ChrisF is right with his DO connection assumption I reackon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users