• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 strukture

strukture

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 06:13 AM

Of 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 are there any major "power" hardware differences? (other than brand of DVD/CD drive or hard drive)

I know there are differing video bits, but from a performance perspective is anyone xbox version (from 1.1 - 1.3) "more" powerful or better suited to running games without hickups or faster than another?

There are apparently six versions of hardware of xbox. I have been unfortunate enough to have received a 1.0 a few months back. As I bought as solderless mod chip (Xenium + Chamelion doohickey) I am a little annoyed. Since soldering isn't my thing, unsoldering most certainly isn't. So I'm going to buy a new xbox. The Xenium modchip has minor video issues with 1.4 and 1.5 series xboxes so I'm fishing for 1.1 - 1.3

fortunately I found this amazing page: http://xbox-linux.so...onsfinding.html smile.gif

#2 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2004 - 07:12 AM

I know there are differing video bits, but from a performance perspective is anyone xbox version (from 1.1 - 1.3) "more" powerful or better suited to running games without hickups or faster than another?

No, they are identical in that sense.

#3 shallow1

shallow1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 07:54 AM

I was always under the impression that the hardware revisions were to cut costs (such as they were) and to fight piracy (though they havent seemes to make a serious effort).

#4 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (strukture @ Jan 31 2004, 03:13 AM)
I have been unfortunate enough to have received a 1.0 a few months back. As I bought as solderless mod chip (Xenium + Chamelion doohickey) I am a little annoyed. Since soldering isn't my thing, unsoldering most certainly isn't.

No problems with the 1.0 Xboxes. They're no more powerful than the newer ones, but do have a few benefits:

1. 1MB TSOP. 1.2 and up have a 256KB TSOP. 1MB means you can do a TSOP flash and still be able to boot multiple BIOSes.
2. Fan on the GPU. Keeps things a little cooler than the 1.1+ which have just a heatsink.

Besides, your solderless adapter will work just fine with the 1.0 with solder-filled LPC.

#5 Doublet182

Doublet182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:41 AM

I have been unfortunate enough to have received a 1.0 a few months back. As I bought as solderless mod chip (Xenium + Chamelion doohickey) I am a little annoyed. Since soldering isn't my thing, unsoldering most certainly isn't.

I have a 1.1 xbox and put a a solderless modchip in my xbox. Just dont worry about the solder thats already in the points, it didnt effect it at all. The pin thingys dont have to go into the holes just be aligned with them so dont worry about having to buy a new xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users