2 replies to this topic

#1 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:38 PM

Okay, last night I installed a 2.3bpro in a friend's xbox along with a 250gb hdd. All went well, installed chip and flashed w/512k 4981.06. Xbox booted I formatted hdd and installed apps and 2 dashes using X-select. I install pretty much the same things for each xbox that I do.

Problem #1: The bios banks seem to jump around. 4981 WAS on banks 1 and 2. I used flashX to flash bank 3 (4979 red/blue) and bank 4 (4979 red/white). Now bank 4 still has cromwell...reflashed this bank several times and still get cromwell. Bank 3 got the red/white which should have been on 4. One time I believe that red/blue booted up on bank 1. Very odd.

Problem #2: X-Select only shows on screen with 4981 and not with the 4979. These bios' are the same ones that are floating around on a dozen or so xboxes that I've installed them on (with this setup of dashes/apps)...this is the first time it's happened. Why would x-select only initialize with banks 1 and 2?

I didn't have as much time with it as I had hoped for testing because the guy came and wanted to take it out of town for the weekend. I'll have to mess with it more when he gets back. I'm just a bit confused as to why this particular xbox/chip would act this way.

#2 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:36 PM

1. Not sure
2. The boot order changed between those two BIOS... perhaps the issue lied there?

#3 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 06:30 PM

2. The boot order changed between those two BIOS... perhaps the issue lied there?

Sheeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooot!!! I bet you're right. Good call, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users