• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kryx

Kryx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 08:16 PM

We have now learned what we were doing wrong when we were swapping. We have learned that we needed to do an additional swap to re-unlock the drive after the Bios apparently re-locks it. Unfortunately, although we should be in the clear, we are getting an error, I don't recall the EXACT error, I will edit it in to the post shortly. It was more or less, No 80 Pin conductor on secondary IDE channel. I note as before, that device manager recognizes it, but HDD_Driver does not. What could the problem be?

#2 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 08:28 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do here... I think this is about your other topic of unlocking a locked Hd? Anyway, I just wanted to point out how the locking works on a HD. The bios won't re-lock it. (as you mentioned) The bios will UNlock it, if it has (or can generate) the correct code. There is something on the HD that tells it to re-lock once shut down. This is the locking enabler. The HD MUST be unlocked in order to get file information off the drive. But, once shut down it will re-lock itself. To make it so this doesn't happen, you have to disable the lock enabler.

Config Magic is a little unclear on this, since it states that a drive is locked or unlocked. (the drive is actually always unlocked at that point, but it is showing whether or not the locking is enabled or disabled)

#3 Kryx

Kryx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 08:37 PM

This is so frustrating, every time I get anywhere I hit these catch 22's. If I recall correctly, config magic requires a modded Xbox. Is there any way to mod an Xbox that doesn't require a modded Xbox?

#4 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 08:45 PM

Well, there has to be some way, becuase there weren't always modded xboxs. BUT, unfortunately, I don't know how. You need to get the savegame exploit onto the xbox, and how you get it from the internet onto your memory card without a modded xbox, I don't know.

#5 Kryx

Kryx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 12:23 AM

We figured it out. We were using a rogue IDE 33 ribbon that got in there by accident. It works now, now we are wrangling with Bert and Ernie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users