3 replies to this topic

#1 ultrA_Cowboy

ultrA_Cowboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 03:16 PM

HELP

I did the no modchip bert and ernie deal. As soon as I boot throught the xbox logo and dashboard tries to load i get error 21 and my light starts flashing green and red. I am sure i didnt do my fonts right. I can no longer get it unlocked in order to revert the old files back to original.

I backed up my drive before hand but now my xbox drive.

If i get a new drive, restore my backup to it and plug it back in will it correct my issues?

Do I have to lock the new drive asap to get it to run becuase i dunno if i can get the code off of the old on?

#2 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

For that you need the hddkey to unlock you old one (if you want to restore that drive) but the all you need to do is lock the other one after you restored the image (also if it's a new xbox hdd then you will need to have that key for that one to unlock it and restore you image of you old xbox, and then lock it with you old xbox hddkey).

Degalle

#3 ultrA_Cowboy

ultrA_Cowboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Viper16 @ Feb 1 2004, 06:23 PM)
For that you need the hddkey to unlock you old one (if you want to restore that drive) but the all you need to do is lock the other one after you restored the image (also if it's a new xbox hdd then you will need to have that key for that one to unlock it and restore you image of you old xbox, and then lock it with you old xbox hddkey).

Degalle

how do I obtain the key if I cant get the info off of the old drive and I cant get a modchip yet ( sold out)
I weant to put my backup on the new drive but I have to have the ket to get it to work?

#4 octoped

octoped

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:46 AM

I had exactly the same problem (error 21) doing the fonts exploit, and found that you can still do the hard drive swap trick, but unplug the dvd drive cable when powered down, then power up wait for the green/red light then unplug the hard drive. And it was unlocked laugh.gif .

Now my problem is that I still cannot seem to restore my dash back to the original ms dash to start the whole process again. blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users