9 replies to this topic

#1 giblet

giblet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 05:41 PM

I've backed up all the games I've bought and indeed lost many of originals around the house. I've got a big house but, unfortunately, a small brain.

The question I'd like answered is:

I buy many games from the States and plenty from the UK. When using one of my backups of a game that I've bought - how can I check to see if it was a PAL or NTSC version so I can download the right xbox-saves from the website.

I thought I could use one of the XBE reading programs - but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

++ And no - I can't find the boxes either. And yes - I own all the games. And no - you can't come round and check. I really hope no-one here has ever recorded any music from the radio - or worse - from the Internet. Piracy is very bad. Just look at the original PSX. It hardly sold once people started being naughty. Right? ++

#2 Xevious

Xevious

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 05:57 PM

Hey, I understand. Just call (800) 785-3448 and ask them - they can tell by the version number of each game's xbe file.

#3 N00bvin

N00bvin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (giblet @ Dec 6 2002, 08:41 AM)
I've backed up all the games I've bought and indeed lost many of originals around the house. I've got a big house but, unfortunately, a small brain.

The question I'd like answered is:

I buy many games from the States and plenty from the UK. When using one of my backups of a game that I've bought - how can I check to see if it was a PAL or NTSC version so I can download the right xbox-saves from the website.

I thought I could use one of the XBE reading programs - but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

++ And no - I can't find the boxes either. And yes - I own all the games. And no - you can't come round and check. I really hope no-one here has ever recorded any music from the radio - or worse - from the Internet. Piracy is very bad. Just look at the original PSX. It hardly sold once people started being naughty. Right? ++

Exactly who are you trying to fool? laugh.gif

#4 Schmo

Schmo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 December 2002 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Dec 6 2002, 05:06 PM)
Exactly who are you trying to fool? laugh.gif

Someone with an even smaller brain, I suppose. laugh.gif

#5 MrEs

MrEs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 December 2002 - 01:04 AM

jester.gif

#6 giblet

giblet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 11:04 AM

Cheers mate.

I called the number. They were very helpful and sent me a cool little app that reads out the header.

Great!

Thanks.

#7 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2002 - 12:43 PM

uh.. SUUURRREE! biggrin.gif

Easy way to tell.. connect the XBOX to a TV input card on the PC. SET to NTSC. That will sort the NTSC games from the PAL right away! you can also play with different PAL and SECAM settings.. but truly not worth the time!

I've hooked my XBOX back up to a second computer in my Study using this manner. Works great. Did this for 2 reasons... my WIFE thinks I'm obsessed (why? cause I wrotw a guide?) and the 36 Incher in the living room isn't fully PAL compliant.

#8 southwast

southwast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:38 PM

Another easy way to find out what region your games are if you have lost the boxes, is to look on the disk, it will say pal or ntsc if they are the original disks.

#9 giblet

giblet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:50 PM

Cheers HSDEMONZ!

southwast --- Damn - why didn't I think of that.... blink.gif

Are you one of those choppers? I mean hackers? You are very clever..... now get back inside your trailer and carry on licking those envelopes. Only another 1000 and you'll earn yourself a $1.

#10 southwast

southwast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 07:54 PM

why do you want to download saves, are the games too hard? maybe you should try Elmos abc or 123, i can send them to you if you like, as i have plenty of stamps........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users