#1 irresponsiblekid

irresponsiblekid

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 February 2004 - 09:04 PM

I've got UX set up on my 200gb 7200 maxtor, but i'm wanting to use my previous drive (60gbWD) in my PC and i cant unlock it with unlockX or hdunlock / hddisabl ... getting errors unlocking it. I dont even think I ever locked it, but I must have because it wont show up in my PC except through the unlockers. Do i need to burn configmagic to a cdrw, boot to it from my 4979.78-tsop-flashed xbox with the 60gb in it, and run it to unlock it, then put it back in my PC to format and contunue? I dont remember how to burn a boot cdrw, as long as there's an .XBE on it will the xbox boot to it?

thanks guys smile.gif

#2 romeoso

romeoso

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:01 AM

You can run configmagic on your hd or dvd regardless. btw, if you did lock your hd.. how did you lock it in the 1st place?

#3 irresponsiblekid

irresponsiblekid

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 01:13 PM

I don't even remember, i know i set the box up over a year ago, i think when slayers wasnt even out (or i didn't know about it ) either way it was a big hassle ... my matrix had the switch to go on LIVE (this was back when i gave a sh!t about live too)

#4 irresponsiblekid

irresponsiblekid

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:32 PM

So if i burn an RW with the CF default.xbe on it, my box'll boot to it, and will configmagic tell me what's up with the HD? Like THIS IS LOCKED or THIS IS MESSED UP or anything? I'll be pissed if it's a paerweight sad.gif

#5 romeoso

romeoso

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:21 PM

if you were able to get onto live, you probably did lock your hard drive. you could put CF either on a cdrw or just run from the hd, and just do the unlock command. hopefully that works for ya!

#6 irresponsiblekid

irresponsiblekid

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:28 AM

AWESOME, that did it! Unlocked with CM (which is BAD ASS, i might add), booted pc to floppy, ran hddisabl once, no pwd, fdisk created a partition, formatting NTFS in winXP now biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users