Photo

Cant Get The Homemade Usb/controller Mod To Work.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SolidSnakeZero

SolidSnakeZero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:33 AM

Ok, i pretty much fallowed the tutorial but i dont have a soldering iron so i just twisted the wires together and put elec tape over it. when i try to update the drivers to the xctrl drivers, it just says that it wont update because the file is irrelevant.

by the way, does it matter if some of the wires are hanging out touching eachother?

#2 SolidSnakeZero

SolidSnakeZero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:43 AM

ok, i got through the first step, i can use the controller with the drivers, then i plug in the memory card and it wont be accepted by action replay. are there more drivers for the mem card?

#3 mutha trucka

mutha trucka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:45 AM

When you first plug it into your computer, the "add new hardware wizard" should appear. If it doesn't, I'd suspect a problem in your wiring.

I think the important thing is that your main four wires are not in contact with any other wires. Also, make sure the yellow wire is not touching any other wires. As far as the outer layer of wire, it doesn't need to be connected but it wouldn't hurt it to be.

You can get a cheap soldering iron for a dollar and its pretty easy to solder wires.

#4 Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 03 February 2004 - 01:27 AM

Or it's a non MS mem card not regognized by the drivers on the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users