• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SimeX

SimeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:19 AM

Ok, I just installed the xecuter 2.3b lite + modchip, i have made sure that d0 is aligned correctly, all 3 lights show when the switch is off and only the blues when the chip is on. The chip seems to be set perfectly. However... this is when the problem occurs

I turn off the xbox, enable the mod-chip, then turn the xbox back on... immediately i hear a beep sound followed by the xbox turning itself off, then it turns itself back on, then another beep sound, then it turned itself off again, then turns itself on again and this time it stays on. Just sits there, my TV's screen stays the same, I get no black screen or anything at all. I have been messing with this problem for days and I am completely stumped... i have no idea what is wrong.

If anyone can help, PLEASE do so. I'm starting to become very frustrated with the whole process. Let me know biggrin.gif

#2 SimeX

SimeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:30 AM

btw, the xbox boots and works just fine when the chip is disabled before turning it on.. the problem only occurs when the chip is enabled before turning it on... anyone that can help, please do so..

#3 floppy

floppy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:44 AM

Hi m8...

got exactly the same problem with an Applex-V chip in a v1.0 XBOX - works fine in a different veriosn but tried 2 v1.0 boxes and both giver same symptoms!!!

Doin' me head in!!!

Floppy

#4 Soup

Soup

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 February 2004 - 10:42 AM

I'm betting your Xbox power light flashes red and green when it finally stays on after the third time. This is called fragging (flashing red and green) and is most commonly caused by a good d0 connection, but a bad LPC connection.

The Xbox will frag whenever it cannot find a bios to load. A good d0 connection (d0 is connected to ground) causes the built-in bios to disable. However if the LPC connection is bad, then no replacement bios can be loaded, and the Xbox will frag. Switching off your modchip essentially breaks the d0 connection, causing the built-in bios to function normally and the Xbox is able to boot without any trouble.

Check your LPC for shorts and connections that aren't being made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users