Think Freely Wip

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yuyu

Yuyu

X-S Spirit Detective

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Football (Soccer) ... Umm, Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:04 PM

So this is a skin I have been working on for a bit now, to go with the release of the next version of MXM... Its very much a WIP so, I just wantedto throw it out there... The graphics were takin from one of my favorite WM player skins ever... Headspace, I used Fireworks 2004 to add my own graphics to the existing graphics and well I've been using it as my default for awhile now, as I work on it...
Anyways, the site I got most the graphics from is, THe SKins Factory these guys do awsome work..but, I'm sure there never going to use these graphics to make a sweet ass MXM SKin, so I took pleasure in getting a head start for them wink.gif
And yes thats a full motion BG vid provided by KoldFuzion, I'm not much for a full motion BG vid, but it does the trick for this skin..
user posted image

Edited by Yuyu, 03 February 2004 - 04:06 PM.

#2 yourwishismine

yourwishismine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

Hey YuYu.. much respect for that skin.. I'm loving it.. only a few things I would wanna see different...

the part that says 'Digital Reception' at the top.. I'd make the font a little bigger

Also, I always like to have Soundtrack and song title somewhere on the screen

and lastly.. (your probably already working on this one)

the menu section (not the current games, but the other games)
looks a little loose.. could maybe box them in some how.. to tighten it up a little..

just throwing out a few observations.. even if you didn't change anything.. it would still be a top 10 skin IMHO...

#3 Yuyu

Yuyu

X-S Spirit Detective

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (yourwishismine @ Feb 3 2004, 12:18 PM)
Hey YuYu.. much respect for that skin.. I'm loving it.. only a few things I would wanna see different...

the part that says 'Digital Reception' at the top.. I'd make the font a little bigger

Also, I always like to have Soundtrack and song title somewhere on the screen

and lastly.. (your probably already working on this one)

the menu section (not the current games, but the other games)
looks a little loose.. could maybe box them in some how.. to tighten it up a little..

just throwing out a few observations.. even if you didn't change anything.. it would still be a top 10 skin IMHO...

First point yes I do plan on making the font just a bit bigger for the Digital reception at the top, but the menu is what has been killing me, getting it to do what I want is being very very time consuming...

Audio Track and NewsFeed will bot be going in that top bar with a modiier, so That it rotates them in one .xml, in another it will just be newsfeed and other will just be audio...

Yes, the menu needs to be better defined, which I plan on doing with some cool ideas, but like I said, havin a hell of a time getting the thing working correctly, hopefully when BJ revisits the ZPoint texture drawing, it will be fixed...

#4 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:53 PM

Cool Skin thus far

--
Nice sig yourwishismine laugh.gif

#5 The Skins Factory

The Skins Factory

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:39 PM

if i catch you stealing-using-taking-borrowing any of our graphics i'm going to sue the living hell out of you and then i'm going to contact the client who's work your using and they will sue the living hell out of you. Are we clear? I have attorneys specifically who deal with our work being taken without our permission.

oh yeah - glad you think our work is good. But never take anything from us again.

Jeff Schader
CEO/The Skins Factory

Edited by The Skins Factory, 11 September 2004 - 09:42 PM.

#6 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (The Skins Factory @ Sep 11 2004, 09:42 PM)
if i catch you stealing-using-taking-borrowing any of our graphics i'm going to sue the living hell out of you and then i'm going to contact the client who's work your using and they will sue the living hell out of you. Are we clear? I have attorneys specifically who deal with our work being taken without our permission.

oh yeah - glad you think our work is good. But never take anything from us again.

Jeff Schader
CEO/The Skins Factory

ROFL
It never got released, even if it did once it started circulating there would be no stopping it. It wasn't done to make money or anything so whats the big deal anyway? Credits where given so if anything YOU should be thanking yuyu smile.gif
Have a nice day

Ceo/chilin_dude

#7 Yuyu

Yuyu

X-S Spirit Detective

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (The Skins Factory @ Sep 11 2004, 03:42 PM)
I have attorneys specifically who deal with our work being taken without our permission.

First of all, you're an idiot. Second, any company who has something worth copyrighting, of course has lawyers to protect those copyrights. Thirdly, you're an idiot. Last but not least, skins factory artwork has been used in a variety of skins already, and since I never released the said skin, I would think they would go after perpertrators that actually used their artwork.

Oh yeah, and since this is obviously a disgruntled member using whatever means necessary to try and "scare" me, what did I do to you? dry.gif

EDIT: Forgot to write somethin important...
CEO/ Funimation Inc...
Urameshi Yusuke

Edited by Yuyu, 16 September 2004 - 05:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users