Gamer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 December 2002 - 11:07 AM

I am running a v1.1 console, with Matrix (X2 4973 v1.1 bios), latest version evox (1.8.2812), and a new Maxtor 120GB 7200rpm drive.

When I boot evox and move to "System Utilities" then to 'Backup', it displays the blue bar and says "Backingup smile.gif" and then just freezes - have to switch off and on again.

If I use boxplorer to check out the C: drive, the backup folder has been created and only bios.bin exists and it is 0kb in size.

I have 2 xboxes, the other is a v1.0 and I am using the same evoxdash.xbe & evox.ini files on both xboxes - yet the v1.0 console performs the backup perfectly & I have managed to lock that 80GB drive fine.

I am wanting to do the backup so I can lock my new 120GB drive on the v1.1 console.

Has anyone used the EEPromerv0.4 to lock their HDD? I see that a simple press of the button locks the installed drive, but I am cautious to use this approach without knowing the lock/unlock key (obtainable from the backup that evox would do).

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks

#2 Gamer

Gamer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 12:39 PM

Well, I tried EEPrommerv0.4 to lock the drive, it said it was locked, I then rebooted and Error 6! I suggest NO-ONE uses EEPrommerv0.4.

Edited by Gamer, 07 December 2002 - 02:00 PM.

#3 rjm2k

rjm2k

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Gamer @ Dec 7 2002, 11:39 AM)
Well, I tried EEPrommerv0.4 to lock the drive, it said it was locked, I then rebooted and Error 6! I suggest NO-ONE uses EEPrommerv0.4.

lol, you are the 2nd person i have seen post that! Scratch 1 hard drive.

Btw the evox backup function doesnt yet work on 1.1 boxes, in case you hadn't guessed.

#4 Gamer

Gamer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 04:42 PM

The sweetest thing of all is that the supplier accepted the drive back as a out of box failure and gave me a new 120GB drive & a box of dvdr's to say sorry smile.gif

#5 rjm2k

rjm2k

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Gamer @ Dec 8 2002, 03:42 PM)
The sweetest thing of all is that the supplier accepted the drive back as a out of box failure and gave me a new 120GB drive & a box of dvdr's to say sorry smile.gif

Wish we had dealers like that here sad.gif

#6 Gamer

Gamer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, I am a fairly large independent pc supplier, so my supplier is the countries largest wholesaler and I do a lot of business with them. I bought the drive on Friday and returned it on Saturday. They tested it and of course it won't fdisk and it gives errors and I went on to say that I had one seriously pissed off customer that now didn't have his new pc until Monday....they lapped it all up & I got my new drive & christmas present. smile.gif

Still doesn't excuse EEPromer developer for not testing his software on a v1.1 console before releasing it. At least say in your readme file that the app has not been tested on a v1.1.

Edited by Gamer, 10 December 2002 - 06:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users