Barcode

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:39 PM

Does anyone here have any idea how to invert a calculator LCD screen? The specific type is a TI-32 XIIS calculator. I doubt its any different from any other basic calculator screen. But it can display letters as well has numbers so its a little bit more advanced than a basic function calculator. Right now just for fun I'm doing a calculator mod. Painting it white, adding an LED and I thought it would be really cool to invert the LCD screen as well.

#2 sk8ermike6789

sk8ermike6789

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, *boarding...
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:44 PM

i know that you need polarizing film or something or other, bit-tech.net has a full tutorial wink.gif

edit: but i think the lcd has to be backlighten for the polarizing film to invert the dark to light and light to dark wink.gif

Edited by sk8ermike6789, 04 February 2004 - 11:47 PM.

#3 Emc1683

Emc1683

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 February 2004 - 03:21 AM

No, it doesn't have to be backlit.

Do a quick search, and you might find something on howardforums.com

Thats a big cell phone moddin site.

#4 EyeCandyAccord

EyeCandyAccord

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:26 AM

i did it to all the LCDs in my car with blue backlit LEDs and it looks great. Get a large sheet of polarized film. Place it ontop of the screen so that it looks normal, then rotate it 90 degrees. It's either 90 or 180, but you'll know when you've got it right. i got a large sheet off ebay awhile ago. If your calculator already has a perfect square piece of film over it you could lift it off with an exacto knife and rotate it 90. Hope this helps!

#5 romeoso

romeoso

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:50 AM

Ooo... i forgot about these things..i used to do these to my friends pagers..heh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users