Photo

Do You Need To Change The Dashboard To Use Emus?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dhowerter

dhowerter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:30 AM

Do you NEED to change the Dashboard to use EMUs??

Basically, I would want to mod an Xbox for one reason only: to play emulated games on it (mainly Neo Geo and MAME games).

So do I need anything other than a Xbox with a modchip installed and the discs with the Emulator/ROMS on it to do that?
DO I need to change the Dashboard (is this an OS?) to do this?

Two other questions:

1. WHat kind of discs will work for burning the Emulator/ROMS? CD-Rs? CD-RWs? DVD-Rs? DVD-Rws? (also please answer this for a dashboard program if the answer to #2 is yes wink.gif

2. If I DO Need to change the dashboard to use the Xbox emulators, is it pretty easy to do? Can I just burn Evolution X (or whatever) onto a disc and put it into the Xbox and itll load?

Please help!!! Thanks smile.gif

#2 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:32 AM

I would think you'd need a dashboard cuz the MS dashboard wouldn't know to look for the emulators.

#3 Incognito1

Incognito1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:37 AM

tru, u do need a new dashboard. Cuz the msdash has no menus for u to launch any apps.
to install evox u need to have the chip flashed with a bios n u need evoz burned on a cd with a custom ini file.
You can just get slayers atuo installer wich will (as the name says) auto install evox for u and other usefull apps.
But i recomend u install evox urself so u can get the hang of it.
btw, The search button is ur friend

#4 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Klatu @ Feb 5 2004, 02:32 AM)
I would think you'd need a dashboard cuz the MS dashboard wouldn't know to look for the emulators.

if you mod your box you can run the emus and roms straight off the disc. no need for a new dashboard. you only really need evox if you are putting stuff on the HD and would like to have the option to launch it from there. by the way i love Metal Slug!

#5 dhowerter

dhowerter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 01:13 AM

incognito and ALL - So basically this SLayer auto installer you burn ot a disc (DVD-R? CDr ? or doesn it matter?) and itll pretty much install evoX by itself?

Is Evo X on the Slayer auto installer disc or is Evo on a spearate disc and Slayer will jsut ask you to insert the evo disc at some point?

I should point out that I probably dont have the skills to install evox "myself" wink.gif I realy need a plug and paly solution for a new dashboard. smile.gif

SO where online (a URL would be helpful biggrin.gif) can you DL the slayer auto installer (or buy it burned)?

#6 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 01:21 AM

well if you have a samsung dvd drive in your xbox you can use cd-r. if not try rw or dvd media. slayer's or x-disk (just search for x-disk) will have an option that you choose that will install the dashboard for you. you do not swap discs. there is no url for dl.

#7 dhowerter

dhowerter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:59 PM

Jman33 - Wait, if Im searching for X-disk (slayers) , but you said there is no URL for download. SO how do i get it onto my computer and burn it?

Or do you just buy it somewhere? :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users