3 replies to this topic

#1 LowMoFo

LowMoFo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:27 PM

I recently bought and replaced the laser assembly in my Phillips DVD drive. I also replaced the IDE cable and still get Disc Dirty or Damaged msgs(even with original Xbox game disks.). These leads me to believe that the PCB in the DVD drive or the IDE controller on the mobo is bad. Once i have Evox installed, i plan to install GentooX Linux, and couldnt care less if i have a DVD drive, as i am modding my xbox for online applications only. My question is this: is there any way to ftp into my xbox and transfer the necessary Evox files from my pc, even though the DVD drive is dead and i cant boot a disk? I am using an XBIT modchip flashed with the Evox M7 bios, and the retail WD HDD

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:14 PM

Did you calibrate the new laser assy using a focus disc. Most lasers will work directly but some need calibrating. Trouble is you will need special equipment to do this I think you need to have the drive working to get evox onto the HD . I dont think you can FTP without evox running from the dvd or the HD

#3 LowMoFo

LowMoFo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

That is my understanding of it too, because the xbox HDD is locked. Had to ask though. Thanx.

#4 LowMoFo

LowMoFo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 06:18 PM

what about flashing the XBIT with a bios that supports ftp?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users