delacruz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Dj
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 February 2004 - 02:59 AM

i have cable internet right now. I was wondering does anyone know how to remove the filter that blocks all Hz except the one which allows cable internet?

#2 powercntrl

powercntrl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding/repair, gaming, PhotoShop, Sonic Foundry Acid, iTunes, WinXP, Linux, Car Audio, fishing
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:32 AM

The mods will probably lock this thread but they might as well leave it open once you hear the answer.

If you live in the suburbs, the filter is probably in the distrobution box by the curb. Go take a look at the box, most likely it is locked and it probably has a federal felony warning on it. Read this warning carefully - this is not the "You will void the warrenty on your Xbox" type of warning, this is a "You will be going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison" warning. This isn't the realm of being a smart hacker, it's basic breaking and entering and theft.

Now if the filter is plainly visible, mounted to the side of your house, hey go ahead and remove it... Just first become familiar with the difference between a filter and a coaxial grounding block, which is supposed to be there for a good reason and does not block any signals. Cable companies are not as dumb as they used to be and chances are the filter is nowhere on your property you can easily get at. The best way to get it removed is to pay them the monthly fee to remove it.

#3 lebriznon

lebriznon

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:48 PM

i watched a friend remove his cable filter one time..it was in a closed box on the outside of his house. once removed, he got 70+ channels, compared to the ~25 he should have...then the next day he got a phone call from the cable company, so the filter went back on laugh.gif i dunno if they can tell if u have it off, or if it was just a coincidence...

#4 Ween311

Ween311

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:46 PM

Yeah, who wants to go to prison for watching TV? I can think of a lot better things to get arrested for.

#5 buckwilliamsca

buckwilliamsca

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:50 PM

yeah, like selling drugs biggrin.gif

#6 SniperKilla

SniperKilla

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:59 PM

heh... throw in the 100 bucks or so to get a complete dtv system with dish, ird and hu card.. and then forget about taking off a filter to get 70 channels for free.. instead enjoy 200+ channels for f......... ahhh shucks, nevermind smile.gif

#7 TCS

TCS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:09 AM

I have lived in this house now for 16 years. And all that time, the cable line came from the road to the side of the house. Then there was this kind of joiner thing, but it looked wierd, then it continued into our garage. About 3 months ago, a guy came and put a big grey box around it with a wierd lock. Is that "joiner" thing the thing that I should remove?

#8 delacruz

delacruz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:23 AM

well i have cable internet and the cable guy "told me" to remove the filter to see cable tv cannels. Im thinking the the cable company sends all the frequenecys (cable channels) and the filter just blocks all but the ones that allows cable internet. the filter looks like a lil tube and the cable wire is inside it. ive tryed to take it off but i cant unsrew it cuz i have to twist the entire cable ( if that makes any sense to anyone). the filter is like 13 feets in the air in my back yard so if i fall i wont die, maybe just break a leg or something.

#9 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:25 AM

OK dude I'm here to help you out I had to look over 30 spindles until I found my Disc. So give me some credit for my hard work here....I will show you pictures...

First thing first make sure you tell your cable company that you are doing this. All this shit I'm about to show is for education purposes only. I'm not responsible in anyway. Just showing you how so if anyone for some weird reason asks u say hell yea I know it cause I'm smart!

Only some places have the filter in a box most of them are put up by powerlines almost all home. So Apt and townhouses is the place to look for the box.

1. Open the Box Either break the lock(your risk) or some of them just simply open.

2. When you look in the box its going to be one big messy son of a bitch. Like in the pic below.

user posted image

Now there should be tags on each wire that have your Address label on them. Find your label and boom you found the filter.

3. The filter looks like a silver rod. But is sometimes protected around with plastic.
Like this...

user posted image

That's what your looking for.....

4. Breaking the motherfucker is hard cause those sons of bitches are glued. Get a screw driver and the top part should be a opening where the Rod(filter) is in break that plastic tube by put the screw driver in and bending the plastic. Eventually it will crack. Once you have tooken the plastic of you have to Take that other side of the line and reattach it to the splitter where everyone's sharing all the channels..

user posted image

Now connect the Main black wire to the splinter.

And Your Done.

Now the cable company cant tell if you did it or not. The only way they would find out is once a year they do a check and if they see you stole it they put the filter back on. You cant get in trouble unless they catch you in the act of doing it which you are not cause you would be breaking the law. once again this is just to show you how by doing this you are breaking the law and will get your ass raped in prison.

Here is what it looks like without the plastic.

user posted image

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST EDUCATION PURPOSES IF YOU DO ANYTHING LIKE THIS YOU WILL GO TO PRISON. PAY FOR YOUR CABLE JUST LIKE EVERYONE DOES.

#10 buckwilliamsca

buckwilliamsca

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:09 AM

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST EDUCATION PURPOSES IF YOU DO ANYTHING LIKE THIS YOU WILL GO TO PRISON. PAY FOR YOUR CABLE JUST LIKE EVERYONE DOES.

Thanks, ill let you know if this situation comes up in school

#11 delacruz

delacruz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:14 AM

raver thanks for replying. the filter looks exactly like the last picture you posted. Execpt mine is on the telephone post about 13 ft in the air. It doesn't have that many wires and doesnt have that plastic black shit on over the filter. The problem i am having is that i can see the "silver" filter but i try to screw it off and i cant get it off. i guess what im trying to say is that, where it screws in at the top (main cable line running through the entire neigherhood) i cant get that unsrewed, also i cant get it unscrewed from the cable that runs to the house. I will try to get a picture maybe tomorrow night (2-7-04). the top part of the filter just screws and screws and screws it never comes off, its like its not grabing anything. The bottom part MAYBE i can get it off but not the tope part. Your last pic where it has the wire cut off, that where it leads to my house, i can get that part off if i try really hard but not the other end.

#12 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:17 AM

well u know what u can do is cut the line where the filter is plugged in. Go to your local home depot and get 1 foot Coax cable with a double side cap. strip what u cut and attact it to the double side and use that 1 foot extra u bought (they cut them as long as u want.) and connect the other side to it then run it to ur main house. Your lucky cause if its ur back yard it can be 5 to 6 years until they know u took the filter out. ITs been 4 years so far for me...

Take pics lots of pics of ur yard the pole everything..

Ps: I know what ur saying its almost impossible to twist it Trust me though keep trying use tools to grab it and ur going to do it. Just make sure u hang on u dont want to fall... ITs Glued

The first time I did it i cut it off I had no choice but after 2 years they put it on agian and I got it of in a piece I guess cause a hour he left the glue was fresh. all i can think of is cut the thing and get a double cap which is like the needle goes in one side and u can stick another cable in like --------)0(---------- The arrows are cable caps after u cut it of.

So cut ur wire the back filter part... Buy 2 caps for coax and a double side cap also 1 foot of wire to replace what you cut.

Line t your house connecting to the new line u cut to pass over the filter.
=======)0(========

Shit where are you from if ur near me ill just drive down there..

lol

Edited by Raver758, 07 February 2004 - 06:24 AM.

#13 delacruz

delacruz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

alrighty here goes my pics
user posted image

user posted image

grr.gif user posted image grr.gif

user posted image

user posted image
the last picture is my bigger problem. When i try to unscrew the filter, just keeps turning and turning and turing, like its not grabbing onto something, any ideas.

o yea i live in houston tx.

Edited by delacruz, 07 February 2004 - 08:14 PM.

#14 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:28 PM

well my first thought would be to take those 4 bolts off and see what the inside fo the white box looks liek, it might have some sort of release clip inside

#15 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:03 PM

Yea I agree man it looks like this is going to be a bitch but ur going to have to open that box cause theres no other way some of the filter is in there. If you decide to open it take some pics please..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users