#1 cypher35

cypher35

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 February 2004 - 07:38 PM

i can't seem to get my tHc dash to uopen anything form the g drive...

i just got a new 250 gig drive installed, and i wanted to set my xbox up in a way that i could put all of my games and apps on the f drive and all of my emulators and media on the g drive.

i made directorys for games and apps on the f drive and i was very happy to find that they were recognised by the tHc dash and put into the launch menu happy.gif

however, whenever i make an appropriate folder on the G drive (weather it be for apps, emus, games, etc...) it will freeze when i try to get to the submenu. After putting an xbe into G:/emus/, and selecting "emulators" from the dash menu, it will start the animation where that menu moves into view and rotates downward to reveil the menu selection, but it will freeze half way and all i can do is press b to go back to the main selection.

has anyone else had any luck with the thc dash and a g: drive?

#2 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 08:07 PM

It will be fix on the final release... They found the bug that cause this... I believe it was a single erroneus letter...

#3 cypher35

cypher35

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:53 PM

i have found it aswell after digging through the source code...

here's the solution for those that are interested.

in the function ReadValues() a list of subdirectorys is made of the a desired folder (like apps, emu, games, etc...) for use in a launch menu.

here is a snippit of code used to search the f drive
CODE
var f = new Folder;
f.path = "N:\\" + fD;
var fL = f.subFolders.length();
var fS = new Array(fL);
    if(fL > 0)
    {
  for(var fLo = 0; fLo < fL; fLo = fLo + 1)
  {
  fS[fLo] = f.subFolders[fLo].name;
  }
    }

and here's the code for searching the g drive
CODE

var g = new Folder;
g.path = "O:\\" + fD;
var gL = g.subFolders.length();
var gS = new Array(gL);
    if(gL > 0)
    {
  for(var gLo = 0; gLo < gL; gLo = gLo + 1)
  {
  fS[gLo] = g.subFolders[gLo].name;
  }
    }

i knew this error was happening for me only when i had a subdirectory within one of the searched folders on my g drive, so i knew the problem happened somewhere inside the if(gL > 0) statement.

then i saw it... the subdirectorys names were being stored to fS[gLo] instead of gS[gLo] which i wouldn't have cought if the array fS had more entrys than gS did. It would've simply overwritten the directorys from the f drive >.<

anyway, i changed the fS[gLo] to a gS[gLo] and it works fine now happy.gif

Edited by cypher35, 06 February 2004 - 09:55 PM.

#4 napier1

napier1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:09 PM

Hey what file is that error in?? I have a problem in my dash too, when I go into the games menu I only get my games in G. But I do get a bunch of blank spaces that don't say anything at all but when I scroll down the games in G appear. Its like it knows the games are there but it can't find the names or something.

#5 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:06 PM

Open up default.xip with winxip, then once you open it, extract default.xap and open it up in wordpad, then scroll down and look for the error and change that f to a g.

#6 g3m1nii

g3m1nii

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:03 PM

Worked great for me! Hopefully these bugs will be fixed in the final releases of tHC so we won't have to code and resign for everything!

This dash rocks! laugh.gif

#7 goner

goner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:47 AM

cypher is the shit because he knows what he is talking about. I did the very thing that he saud to do and it worked just like it was supposed to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users