#1 jelrez

jelrez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:PAINTBALL BABY!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:00 AM

I seem to have a small prob. blink.gif I cant tell if my X-B.I.T. is working or if my boot disk is a joke. I get an error that says it is not recognized by XBOX, clean disk or make sure it is CD,DVD blah blah blah. Pretty sure I have chip in correct used pogo pins but I have no way of telling if it works. Just been mesing with it for 2 days now, starting to drive me nutz! I can still play but would like this stuff to work. I was using a CDR-RW because I have no DVD burner. After 100 tries I just about give up. So if any one could help this first time NOOB out I would be most thankfull. beerchug.gif

#2 lan122

lan122

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:01 PM

Did you make the boot disk iso or did you download it. I would try making a new disk and make sure you do it correctly. There are many tutorials on how to do it. If you get totally stuck IM me and I'll see if I can help.

#3 xb0x1nu

xb0x1nu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:22 PM

try coloring the X (loading screen) in the bios using xbtool and if its the color you chose that came up then you succefully installed the chip

#4 jelrez

jelrez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:06 PM

Will give it a shot. was going to get a few diff CDRW's and burn some music see whic one reads then try ISO. I followed the tut on making an ISO used Craxtion and put in a dummy file of 20M. thought I needed a bigger dummy file so I tried a 100M no go. Thans for the replys and I will give them a try.

#5 jelrez

jelrez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:17 PM

Well I bought an X-B.I.T. and have installed it using the wire harness and soldered it in. Making sure I got good connection at D0. Now I have 4 DIP switches on the programer board for the USB. I flashed bank 1 and bank 2 using the software off of DMX site just to be safe. When I try to get bank one up, by pressing the power for 3sec to enable SMT. I get power on,off,on,off,on FRAG. ( only when I put the 4th dip in the off position. ( I know the first 3 DIPs are used to set what bios U want, but no clue on the 4th DIP uhh.gif ). If I put the 4th DIP in the on position nothing just boots normal with original M$ colors. I used XBtool to change the Text colors so I could see if chip was in but I never get that far, or if I do it is still origanal colors. I have read I don't know how many TUT's on this and cant seem to see where or if I messed up. I'm starting to think I need to send this off to someone who has done a few. This being my first one and well so far not to good. Guess I wont quit my day job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Heck I wouldn't even mind a flame or two if I step over the line.

Xbox Ver 1.3
X-B.I.T.
Evox_m7.bin

#6 FunkmaztafoX

FunkmaztafoX

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:21 PM

you need to either have on, off, off, off -or- off, on, off, off.

the 4th dip determines if the xbox is in stealth mode. leave it in the off position unless you want to run in "unmodded xbox" mode.

I like how DMX makes modchips now biggrin.gif

#7 jelrez

jelrez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:18 AM

thanx, now that is one thing not bothering me any more. As far as telling if my chip is working or not, I am still unsure if it is. When a chip is installed should the power go on, off, on, off, on FRAG? or should it just start up normal? I would like to know for sure if it is working before I try and tackle EvoX. But I am pretty sure I will be on later asking queations about it too.

Does it make you laugh when a newb asks question that are prob pretty simple for a x-s freak. I know I will look back at this some day and think DOH! jester.gif

#8 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (FunkmaztafoX @ Feb 8 2004, 12:21 AM)
I like how DMX makes modchips now biggrin.gif

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

#9 jelrez

jelrez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 05:21 AM

Well the problem still is haunting me. Now I did happen to get EvoxM7.bin from a few hours of surfing and I have enlisted the help of the company I purchased the chip from, and well lets just say there not real sure what is wrong. But they are looking into it they gave me one idea I tried and no go. As far as I can tell the little green led on the usb board should light up when chip is enabled, and if ur box reboots twice then frags U got either a bad BIos or no Bios at all. They had me goto a dos prompt and type "COPY /EvoXM7.bin+EvoxM7.bin M7-512k.bin" For what ever reason they wanted me to put the Bios in setting 6 which gives Bios 1 a 512k spot. They said that is how they test them. Well it didn't work. I see by reading that others R having problems with the X-B.I.T. chip. Did I mess up and get the wrong chip or what? Does anyone out here know what the normal boot up of an X-B.I.T. correctly installed chip is? Should the little green LED on the USB come on. With the power button mod is it 1 sec to enable the chip or 3 sec? DMS site is very limited on how the chip funcitions but is detailed on different instaliation. I have about a billion questions and yet my box sits and waits.

But at least I haven't smashed it yet.

#10 carma42

carma42

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 03:11 PM

wink.gif i had the same problem with my xbit and i went and soldered mine in and it worked perfect. i am not a believer in pogo pins they suck. good idea but solder points are too hard to line up. it sounds like you have the right iso disc of evo x. how about what dvd drive you have in your box. that may help me help you. let me know. by the way the green light, if chip is installed right, should light when the xbox is on and chip is on. and no this chip is awesome at least everyone i know that has one loves it. You did get the bios bank clean and write the evo x m7 bios correctly? if so just solder it or spend hours lining up the pogo pins. just watch the header pin wire it is the blue one i think it sucks soldering it to its veery very small solder point. that may be because i suck at soldering but it did suck for me and a few others i know. i hope this helps.

Edited by carma42, 10 February 2004 - 03:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users