2 replies to this topic

#1 amy_jarod

amy_jarod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 08:45 PM

Here's the deal-

I think i am having overheating problems with my xecuter chip. When the i boot after my x-box has been sitting a while it boot's flawlessly. After playing for a while i hit the eject button box shuts down, tries powereing up 2-3 times then flashes red/green. Let it sit boot fine again.

When i take the chip out there seems to be no heat problems so here is my situtation.

I wired my chip instead of soldering it onto the board for ease in removal. Originally used 30ga wire when i figured out what the problem was. Though that wire was problem so i used 24 ga wire, same problem.

I am running out of ideas that this could be. It doesn't seem like a bad chip or it wouldn't boot at all, right? I even put more thermal grease on chips on motherboard, so it can't be that.

Anyone have any issues like this? Looking for any help at all.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

#2 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2002 - 07:29 AM

Had the opposite problem, but the same solution might work for you!

http://forums.xbox-s...=ST&f=9&t=16329

#3 james_row

james_row

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (amy_jarod @ Dec 8 2002, 07:45 PM)
I even put more thermal grease on chips on motherboard, so it can't be that.

While thermal paste helps in transferring the heat to the HeatSink, too much paste could also hinder proper heat dissipation. You should just put a thin layer of paste on the chip and when you fit the heatsink in, turn it from side to side in a semi-circle motion to even the paste. This should ensure proper heat dissipation. If you can, try to use Silver Artic or any other paste with Silver component.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users