• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnsonfool

johnsonfool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:45 PM

If anybody can help me with this please help. I have a MS pci adapter model number mn-130 and a 14' crossover cable connected to my xbox. The speed of my network is 100 Base T Full Duplex and when I look on my xbox it has the same thing showing so I know I am connected at the right speed. I use flashfxp and when I transfer a file it transfers at 10 kbps. It took 7 hours to copy a file that was 60mb. I have talked to MS and they can't help. I had another network card and talked to them and they couldn't help me so they told me to get a new card so I got the MS one and have the same problems. I was able to access the xbox through MS networking and copy files through windows explorer but they still only copied about 10 kbps. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do. Someone please help me. I have looked at the networking guide on this site and tried all the things to try and speed it up and nothing works.

#2 bethusabub

bethusabub

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:16 PM

Assuming you are POSITIVE the ethernet cable isn't damaged, make sure you dont have the cable running next to any high-power sources, or anything that might emit disruptive frequencies like flourescent lights and power lines inside your wall. I used to have bad packet loss when my ethernet cable ran next to my Uninteruptable Power Source (aka Battery Backup).

Good luck.

#3 johnsonfool

johnsonfool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:39 PM

I just exchanged my cable for a new one and I am still having the same problem. Does anybody know what else it could be.

#4 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:50 AM

take a look at the tutorial in my sig. There is a section that has some suggestions for you to try to troubleshoot speed issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users