luke.luke1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:46 PM

Im trying to get Quake 2x working but if freezes on a black screen when started from the evox menu or boxplorer.

I've followed the help file (that came with the with the Quake 2x download on xbins) and it says to rename the the default_retail.xbe to default.xbe and it will work on a retail xbox. Iv'e tried this and it doesn't work.

The unzipped Quake 2x file seems too small, smaller than QuakeX!! but I am sure it is the right one as it came off xbins.

Any suggestions, please?

#2 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:42 PM

HOMEBREW SOFTWARE, this is not an Emu. DIE DIE DIE!!!!

Ok, got that out again.

Quake 2 X is BUG heaven. First you need to make sure that you install it to your PC first. Then make sure you have it FULLY up to date. Next you copy the propper XBE file into Quake 2'x directory, leaving it beside the Quake 2.exe. Config your Config file, and copy that directory to your XBOX.

When starting it, turn off the Back Ground Musick, turn the Sound and Details to half quality, and turn off anti-alias.

Now you should be able to play it all the way through (with crossed fingers) if not, wait for Lantus' port which should be out sometime this year I'd assume.

#3 luke.luke1

luke.luke1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:42 PM

Cheers for the help.

Does anybody know if Quakex2 will work with a demo verion of quake2 or does it need the full pc game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users