5 replies to this topic

#1 amfony

amfony

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:11 PM

Haylo Xbox superiors

I got a prob i bought a 120GB Maxtor and wanna throw it in my Box - i did everything http://www.xbox-scen...es/install3.php told me to do - except when i get down to the part where it tells me to partition the new HDD - or rather format the new partitions.

Probably b4 that i shoudl point out that i have a X2.3Pro BUT i do not know what bios i have (a mate did it) and in EvoX + 3935 in the settings menu i get a "Bios version : unknown"

so i got no idea bout the bios

i THINK its a Evo M7 one

However can anyone tell me how to find out wot bios i have?

I also noticed in the tutoprial where it says :

"Formatpath \Device\Harddisk0\Partitionx (x being the partition number according to Evolution-X under the “harddisk” menu option"

i went to that palce in my Evolution and noticed it didnt have numbers but letters - and im pretty sure that a low level command like that would run on numbers for partitions ... so does that mean i ahve an old version of my dash? do i need to g3et a newer evolution dashboard??

If thats not my problem can anyone tell me why my hdd is not goig good if i follwed all the steps in the previously stated tutorial?

Thanbks gutys i need all the help i can get

Edited by amfony, 07 February 2004 - 11:15 PM.

#2 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:30 PM

I don't know how you can find out what bios you have, but u can just reflash it w/ a different one if needed.

As for the HDD, that tutorial is really old. Use the total newbie's guide to everything. There's a link to it in my sig.

btw, you might want to change the title of this thread. I've never heard of a boob that wanted a HDD upgrade. laugh.gif

#3 jam9_secretagent

jam9_secretagent

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:31 PM

lol can u repeat what the problem is?

Edited by jam9_secretagent, 07 February 2004 - 11:32 PM.

#4 amfony

amfony

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:50 AM

hahaha - boob = idiot but i get ur point

for the other fellow my problem is i cant upgrade my hdd - i dont kno how to check wot bios i have - and i want to do both

I have a x2.3b pro XBOX v1.4 all da other info i kno i put in the orignal message.
If i can get that other guy to send me the link then i might have my questions answerd - but if u could tell me how to check which bios i have that wud be tops

Also wots the latest version of Evo dashboard and whats the latest bios for evox - or really which bios is the best?

I want to be able to backup my games play internationals and play dvds pretty much all the main reasons why someone would get a mod - im pretty mainstream i dont want anything tooo fancy but yeh - some ting that will let me do all thoes things i pointed out

thanks guys CHEERS jester.gif

Edited by amfony, 08 February 2004 - 08:04 AM.

#5 romeoso

romeoso

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:03 AM

if it says XECUTER2 under the XBOX logo.. then you've got an X2 bios.. the XECUTER2 is not because of the modchip, but it's the bios. If you have an Evox M7 bios.. it usually reads the logo off whatever .xbe it loads.. and i am pretty sure you can see the bios under the settings of the ms dashboard.

#6 amfony

amfony

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:07 PM

Also wots the latest version of Evo dashboard and whats the latest bios for evox - or really which bios is the best?

I want to be able to backup my games play internationals and play dvds pretty much all the main reasons why someone would get a mod - im pretty mainstream i dont want anything tooo fancy but yeh - some ting that will let me do all thoes things i pointed out

Can anyone gime a hand here?

Thanks fellas, also romeoso there is no way that i can tell my bios without using a dashboard ? i was thinking of some sort of raw command or so? i really dont know but i thoguth there wuda been a way ...

But if anyone can gime a hand wit the quote questions that wud be great!

PEASH

Edited by amfony, 08 February 2004 - 07:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users