#1 robpegs

robpegs

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:04 AM

hi all, had my box tsop'd by some one , the problem im having is with two backups, burnout2 and crash bandi, now when the games are loading , i get the message "dirty disc problem loading , " now ive been told that this could be down to the bios, im not sure what bios version is in my xbox ,get a blue logo with executer2 logo as well, i dont want to go re-flashing if i dont need to as the solderpoints will need reconecting again , got a few backups of the same games and also tried differnt brands of dvd,s ,no other problems with other backups btw,
?? also patched game xbe but this was allready done ,

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:11 PM

Hum, more information would help. DOn't be afriad to open your Xbox and have a look inside to see what version your Xbox is. (www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php). Then once you have determined your xbox version I would download the latest bios from #xbins on IRC EFNET then flash with the bios X4981. Use the .03 if your under a 137GB drive. I think it's just a simple media check issue. You could also be having problems with your DVD drive. If its a thomson then most likely your backups will not read unless you try out certain media. Or just save up and buy a replacement phillips or samsung drive from ebay if thats the case. Hope that helps, bucko.

#3 robpegs

robpegs

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2004 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (robpegs @ Feb 8 2004, 10:04 AM)
hi all, had my box tsop'd by some one , the problem im having is with two backups, burnout2 and crash bandi, now when the games are loading , i get the message "dirty disc problem loading , " now ive been told that this could be down to the bios, im not sure what bios version is in my xbox ,get a blue logo with executer2 logo as well, i dont want to go re-flashing if i dont need to as the solderpoints will need reconecting again , got a few backups of the same games and also tried differnt brands of dvd,s ,no other problems with other backups btw,
?? also patched game xbe but this was allready done ,

em, version 1.1 and? like i said dont really want to re soilder point unless i have to , tried differt brands of dvd's like i said and still no luck, i guess the bios is quite resent, so any one else had this problem backing up with these two games, strange have over 40 games and all work ok, thanks for the strange reply,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users