2 replies to this topic

#1 PoopyMcPoopster

PoopyMcPoopster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:06 PM

I read most of the tutorials but still don't get a lot of it due to some of the technical terms. I don't understand things like bios and such. And I don't want to get flamed. I've seen a lot of people come here asking simple questions and getting flamed. I came to the noobs section for a reason.

1)All I want to do is burn games to DVDs to backup the games I have now. I have a DVD burner. I don't want to burn games to the XBOX's hard drive. Is it an easy process? In the pinned topic, it says something about FTP and evoX, but I don't understand exactly what those mean, other than evoX is a program you download off the internet.

2) If I were to burn an XBOX Live game, could I play that burned game online (such as start the game up then turn the mod chip off to go online)?

3) After buying the mod chip and installing it, will I need to buy anything else besides blank DVDs?

#2 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:12 PM

1. the ordinary pc dvd drive don`t read the xbox dvd (it don`t get all the info out of it), you would need a xbox drive to load the game, to boxplorer, and ftp it to your pc and from there make a iso out of it and burn in to a dvd-r(w)
2?
3.some cd-rws and patience.... and if you don`t have crossover, that would be it if your not gonna use a router...

Edited by duudfromnorway, 08 February 2004 - 08:13 PM.

#3 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:12 PM

And I don't want to get flamed. I've seen a lot of people come here asking simple questions and getting flamed. I came to the noobs section for a reason.

Well, there are pinned topics that tell you every detail involved. XBox Backup here tells you how to make backups of games. There is also a search button.

1)All I want to do is burn games to DVDs to backup the games I have now. I have a DVD burner. I don't want to burn games to the XBOX's hard drive. Is it an easy process? In the pinned topic, it says something about FTP and evoX, but I don't understand exactly what those mean, other than evoX is a program you download off the internet.

You need a FTP connection, which EvolutionX has, to send the game from your Xbox to your PC. Then, you make an ISO of the game, and burn it. Check Xbox Backup for tutorials.

2) If I were to burn an XBOX Live game, could I play that burned game online (such as start the game up then turn the mod chip off to go online)?

NO. Backups do not work on Live. Doing so, will result in a ban. Check the XBOX LIVE board here for more information.

3) After buying the mod chip and installing it, will I need to buy anything else besides blank DVDs?

How should we know? What else do you want to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users