8 replies to this topic

#1 arcibu

arcibu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 01:59 AM

Ok, I modded 1 xbox this weekend and am working on the second but i've run into a bit of trouble with this one. I put in the xecutor 2.3b lite + mod chip and everything was working fine. I turn the mod chip on then turn on the xbox and the cd rom pops out, but my problem is I don't have video. my friend said he heard something about the time affecting video, so i fixed it to todays date etc. Still got the same problem. So I figured hey i've done this before, so i put in the bios disk while the cd rom was out and no video, put it in and 1 min later xbox shut off. So i figure i got a good frag and it might come up now, but when i start up the xbox now it starts for half a sec, reboots, does same thing again, then on the third time it turns on and just frags. I flashed the xecutor 2.3b lite + with 4977 xecutor bios 1mb version.

#2 romeoso

romeoso

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:03 AM

when there's no video.. is it just all black or does it just show up scrambled? and what version of the xbox is it?

#3 arcibu

arcibu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:05 AM

Also i just noticed, that if i change the time, then exit out and come back in it stays the same. also if i restart the xbox and the time is the same, but if i power off, turn on the mod chip, power back on and it does the fragging thing, then restart it and turn the mod chip off so i boot in to the MS dashboard the time is reset to 12 00 am etc etc

#4 arcibu

arcibu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:06 AM

it is pitch black, nothing shows up. Also it is version 1.5 xbox

#5 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:13 AM

I flashed the xecutor 2.3b lite + with 4977 xecutor bios 1mb version

You need at least 4979 bios to support a 1.5 xbox.

#6 arcibu

arcibu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:16 AM

what bios do you suggest? Also am i going to need a programmer now or something?

#7 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 February 2004 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (arcibu @ Feb 9 2004, 04:16 AM)
what bios do you suggest? Also am i going to need a programmer now or something?

The latest bios is X2-4981.
You will probably need to flash your chip with an external programmer, or you could use another modded xbox to hotswap.

#8 arcibu

arcibu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:44 PM

A friend told me about hot swapping, but he said he didn't recommend doing it with pogo pins. Also, would I be able to just put the flashed chip in another xbox with the same bios and use evox dashboard to flash it with the newest bios then take it out and put it in the 1.5 xbox?

#9 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:51 PM

ok, hold on, the xecutor chips come preflashed with a cromwell bios, this wont allow you to play any games, it just lets you flash the bios, all you do is make a bios disk (go to teamxecutor.com for the tutorial) when the drive pops out, put in the disc, the xbox will automatically flash the chip.

the reason there is no video is because the bios doesnt have video support for v1.4 and v1.5 xbox's

just go to xecutors website, its got tutorials for all that stuff there

Edited by thewickedjester, 09 February 2004 - 02:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users