2 replies to this topic

#1 CXChrisman

CXChrisman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:07 PM

Well, to make a long story short... When I did a hotswap, HDD Driver didn't work, and I ended up looking for another program that would do the same. Unfortunatley, I chose a program that I was not suppose to, HDD Prepare, which according to the program zero's the HD.

The process took about 5 seconds. After I did it, I noticed that HDD Driver wouldn't recognize my drive anymore. So I went back to this HDD Prepare program and chose to do a longer version of this HD Prepare, but I stopped it after about 1 minute.

I then proceded to hook my XBOX back to the television. I get the nice little green animated XBOX logo, but after that I get a message saying my system requires maintenance with a big 21 in the corner... Error 21 I geuss...

Now, I was told to get mod-chip(on the way) and restore my settings via FTP and the backup disc that I have.

My questions are these...

1) Is it just a matter of replacing the C Folder via FTP?
2) Someone said I had to format the whole drive via the evox CD ftp, and then transfer files over...
3) Can this problem be fixed?

Thanks for any help... smile.gif

CX

Edited by CXChrisman, 09 February 2004 - 09:10 PM.

#2 kennyg704

kennyg704

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:13 PM

well, you have to have the c: drive backed up to be able to restore it...

second, you have to be able to activate evox whether it be a gamesave exploit or, my favorite!!, the mochip, to activate the ftp connection to transfer the c drive to the old retail hdd...

if you install the modchip, there is always the option to format your drive to retail using the slayers auto installer...

hope this helps,

.::Kenny::.

#3 CXChrisman

CXChrisman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:17 PM

It does, thanks...

Like I said, I did order a mod chip, and it's currently on the way.

I have asked about the new Slayer thing, and some people have said it's not good?

uhh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users