X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:43 AM

Hi yall,
What do I need if I wanna transfer all of my backed up games from one xbox to another? Thanks...
Marty

#2 Corspegrinder99

Corspegrinder99

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:17 AM

a computer and 2 xboxs.... smile.gif

#3 fin1581

fin1581

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:05 AM

Get Avalaunch on both XBoxes and use the built in file manager to FTP to one another

#4 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:05 AM

yeah that's basically what you need... you have to ftp into the old box, backup all the information onto your pc, then ftp to the new box and send all the information to it. that will copy everything over to the new xbox, but i suggest backing up the drives on the new xbox just in case something doesn't copy properly.

or i think you can just swap the hard drives, but it may give issues with the eeprom, i think each hard drive has a unique key the eeprom looks for but it didn't give me any trouble when installing my 160 gig drive and i can still load the original msdash and get on live with no problems so i dunno for sure

#5 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:24 AM

There is no chance that I will mess up my original xbox by doing this? Ive got saved characters and stuff I dont want lost.

#6 fin1581

fin1581

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (MartyMcFly @ Feb 11 2004, 06:24 AM)
There is no chance that I will mess up my original xbox by doing this? Ive got saved characters and stuff I dont want lost.

If you FTP all the stuff from your old HDD to your computer like Klatu said, then the only chance of you losing it would be if your computer crashed. It won't do anything else to your original XBox, just the HDD. Just make sure all your saved games and files you want are FTP'ed to your computer. Then just FTp them to your new drive after you install it. It's straight forward, no tricks or anything.

#7 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:47 PM

Ok so I still have a little problem. What would it take for me to install one blank 120 gig hd into my computer and then transfer all my backed up games to the computer. Could I theoretically just take that HD out of the computer then and install it into the new Xbox? Or do I have to do all that and then Ftp it bak into my new (another HD)Xbox? I ask this cause my current computer Hd has only 60 gigs left and my games wont fit onto it.

#8 fin1581

fin1581

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:04 PM

Well the problem is that you have to have your HDD in your XBox formatted to use it in the XBox. You can't just take any HDD from your PC, throw it into your XBox and expect it to work. To have a HDD work, you need to install a dash on it.

How big is the HDD that you have in your XBox right now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users