12 replies to this topic

#1 zmartin34

zmartin34

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:30 AM

Please take a second to help me, I'm really stumped and starting to get frustrated. sad.gif I'm using bios X2 4981_67 w/ x2.3b pro. I took some bad advice and used xbtool to change the default bios filenames making xboxdash.xbe the first file to boot from the c: drive. I'm using slayers auto installer v2.5 to load everything (I was told that slayers evox is actually called xboxdash.xbe and thats why I changed it). Turns out that xboxdash.xbe is actually the M$ dash and now my modchip only loads that dash even with evox installed on c:. When I remove M$ dash then evox boots. Is there a way to fix this w/o reflashing my mod? If not, I have a 2.3b pro but I need some instruction on how to flash via lpt. Would it be better to create my own evox boot disk and reflash that way? I'll do anything that you guys think will work the best! Please help me. Thanks in advance.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:40 AM

youll have to o the old school evox named xboxdash and MS dash name msxboxdash, but i would suggest just reflashing your chip, takes all of 2 seconds

#3 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:59 AM

slayers has an option to reflash your mod chip when you boot to it, i suggest you use that...

or load up slayers, ftp into your box and do what was suggested with renaming the files, but any references in the evox.ini to msdash need to be rewritten.

#4 zmartin34

zmartin34

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:04 PM

Yea, I would rather reflash. Slayers does have the option to flash your modchip but the most recent bios used is 4977 and I need 4981 (can anyone verify that X2 4977 will or will not work w/ a v1.4 xbox w/ focus chip). If it works then I will use slayers to reflash. If it doesn't I will need to reflash another way. I'll need directions on how to flash with the x2.3b pro external lpt using x bios manager as well (but I hear many people saying they have problems getting bios manager to see the chip correctly). Will 4977 work with my setup???

#5 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:09 PM

4977 Should Work But You Should Go With 4981 (Live Protected)

#6 zmartin34

zmartin34

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:47 PM

Thanks for the insight Xtrem. Why does the modchip page show v2.3b not working on v1.4 or 1.5 xbox when using 4977 then?? I never use xbox live so I'm not too concerned about that. What scares me is "it should work." Nobody can seem to confirm that it does/doesn't. Anybody running a v2.3b on a v1.4 or 1.5 xbox with bios x2_4977. I need to make sure! Thanks everyone for helping me out!

#7 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:05 PM

Because When A New Bios Comes Out Everybody Updates Their Bios

#8 zmartin34

zmartin34

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:43 PM

OK, I thought it had something to do w/ 4977 not having support for the focus video chip. Anyway, I'm going to try to use the lpt to flash w/ m2 bios manager. My local Radio Shack has 6' DB25 male to female cable. Will that cable work for flashing?? Using the lpt is probably the easiest way at this point.

#9 bleugh

bleugh

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • Interests:tinkering..........and flogging stuff on ebay<br>

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:49 PM

you could just make an evox boot disc with the bios files on and flash from evox if you wanted

#10 zmartin34

zmartin34

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:48 PM

Thats a great idea bleugh! I saw a tutorial on how to do it through evox but for some reason slayers evox doesn't have the ability to flash. I'm up for trying anything at this point. I looked into your suggestion a bit but it seemed pretty confusing. Can you explain how or direct me to a tutorial??

#11 zmartin34

zmartin34

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:23 PM

Forgot... Can I flash w/o using the DB25 cable by just hooking the external right to my pc's lpt? Wont be as nice as having a db25 but all I can get around here is a 6' which may be too long!

#12 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (zmartin34 @ Feb 11 2004, 09:43 AM)
OK, I thought it had something to do w/ 4977 not having support for the focus video chip. Anyway, I'm going to try to use the lpt to flash w/ m2 bios manager. My local Radio Shack has 6' DB25 male to female cable. Will that cable work for flashing?? Using the lpt is probably the easiest way at this point.

do NOT use 4977, it will not boot a 1.4, due to lack of focus video support

use 4981, just FTP it to c:\bios on your xbox and it will show when you try to flash via evox

#13 zmartin34

zmartin34

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:36 PM

Thanks lordvader129. I'm not sure if I'm not looking in the right place or what (keep in mind I'm using slayers v2.5) but I don't see any options to flash when in evox. Your suggestion is exactly what I was planning on doing but there is nothing about flashing! Where is it at? Are you sure its the same with slayers evox? I followed a tutorial and made a "bios" folder on the c: root directory via ftp and placed my bios in there. Problem is the tutorial goes on to talk about flashing from evox and that doesn't seem to be one of the options! What am I doing wrong?? I just bought a 6' db25 cable from radio shack (almost certain its going to be too long but they'll give my money back if it doesn't work). I'd rather flash through evox. I'd use slayers installer to flash but the newest bios on the disk is 4977! Need help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users