#1 goddamn

goddamn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:18 AM

I got a prob when ftping my xbox.
When copying from xbox to pc almost every file gets copied, but some files just wont.
The transfer rate just drops until it's 0.
The first time this happened i copied from the dvd drive so I copied the game the xbox hdd.
The same prob on the same files.
When the transfer speed is droppin down I get several messages that the network cable is unplugged - plugged in - unplugged - plugged in.
And that happens ONLY on the files were I get the speed drop.

uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

If someone could help me out that would be great!!
I've been searching on this forum like crazy for an answer!!

posted this in xbox backup forum first

Edited by goddamn, 11 February 2004 - 08:24 AM.

#2 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:28 PM

are the files over 42 chars in length? or have any weird chars in them?

#3 goddamn

goddamn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (mrRobinson @ Feb 11 2004, 05:28 PM)
are the files over 42 chars in length? or have any weird chars in them?

Forgot to add that I've tried to rename them and move them to c:.
But no, it wont work and no the filenames were fine from the beginning.
Filename "frontend.p3d"
The filesize is like 4 megs but I only get 4% of that.

The other file I don't remember, I gave up on that one!!

Edited by goddamn, 11 February 2004 - 08:36 PM.

#4 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:29 PM

try not ftp'ing from evox, if thats what your doing,, use a different dashboard like unleash X or Avalaunch or MXM.

not sure why those files wont transfer sounds kinda wierd liek tha xbox is locking them and not letting you have access to them.

also flash your stuff with the latest bios or if the latest bios is doing this try 4977. that is kind of the old trustworthy bios.

try using a different ftp program on your PC.
try using internet explorer ?
are you using your xbox to send the files to your pc or are you using your pc to pull them FROM your xbox. see the difference.

#5 goddamn

goddamn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:19 AM

Yepp, evox it is. But I'll try some other dashboards. I flashed it with 4981 just a week ago.
I'm Using flashfxp now (like everyone else here?? biggrin.gif )

I'm using the pc to ftp the xbox, not the way around.

I think I have cuteftp laying around somewhere on a disk, I'll try that, and I also will try to ftp the pc from my xbox.

#6 gpp

gpp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:53 AM

Stick with FlashFXP... wink.gif

From what I read somewhere else (can't remember where?) huh.gif

CuteFTP apparently DOESN'T work! rolleyes.gif

Just thought I'd save ya' some time! cool.gif

#7 goddamn

goddamn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:01 PM

Ok, then I don't need to look through that uge pile of cd's that I have. Thanx biggrin.gif .

But WHY doesn't cuteftp work?? Both are ftp progs.

#8 goddamn

goddamn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:03 PM

I was just thinking, is there a way to use my xbox hdd in my pc without the need of formatting it??
Just keep it the way it is, 'couse then I might be able to copy the files directly to my pc hdd.

#9 goddamn

goddamn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:16 PM

bump

#10 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (goddamn @ Feb 12 2004, 08:03 AM)
I was just thinking, is there a way to use my xbox hdd in my pc without the need of formatting it??
Just keep it the way it is, 'couse then I might be able to copy the files directly to my pc hdd.

dude i mean honestly dude you havent read one single tutorial have you ?

the xbox hard drive is a regular plain jane hard drive, its just formatted in FatX. and windows cant read fatX.

people arent helpya dude cuz your asking questions that have been asked and discussed 100's of times already and there are PLENTY of tutorials that will tell you everything your asking,, and keep asking.

no offense dude but you need to hit the tutorials.

#11 goddamn

goddamn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (LESTAT @ Feb 13 2004, 12:37 AM)
QUOTE (goddamn @ Feb 12 2004, 08:03 AM)

dude i mean honestly dude you havent read one single tutorial have you ?

the xbox hard drive is a regular plain jane hard drive, its just formatted in FatX. and windows cant read fatX.

people arent helpya dude cuz your asking questions that have been asked and discussed 100's of times already and there are PLENTY of tutorials that will tell you everything your asking,, and keep asking.

no offense dude but you need to hit the tutorials.

I've read shitloads of guides, but no one has explained so good that you just did. Didn't know about the filesystem becouse I haven't seen it in a tut. (I might have missed it.)

But this whole thing is just so annoying, that I can't copy certain files.
And I wanna solve this problem one way or another.

I know how older members think of noobs in forums and that's why I don't like to ask questions. I usually get things going on my own and with help from tuts and the search function (So far modchip, 80 mm fan, blue eject leds, blue leds under my jewel, 2 extra gigs on hdd). But this time I don't and that's why I need help.

#12 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:47 AM

oh god dude im one of the worst people to ask stuff about the xbox that has been asked before,, but fatx stuff about windows not reading it is one of the very first things that is in the hard drive tutorials.,.
like i said no offense, i feal your pain. it tooks me a while and many many times of hot swapping the hard drive to finally get it going.

ok anyways back to your ftp problem.

go into your PC.
go to your system properties, then click the hardware tab then click device manager,, then go to netowrk adapters,, then look at your network card,, then right click it and choose properties,
ok now go to the advanced tab,, or maybe your s has a settings tab,, ok look for a setting in there , it might, or usually is called adapter speed or "duplex". change it to 100mbit 1/2 duplex. see if you can transfer now. only change it to 100 mbit if your lan runs on 100mbit,, change it to 10 mbit 1/1 duplex if your lan is a 10mbit lan. you can find this out by simply moving your mouse over the network icon in your task bar, )by the clock) and it will say what the speed it.

also gimmie a name of a few files that wont transfer.

also, are you on your pc when you do this? or are you using som elame xbox ftp application to push files to your pc. (See the differnece in what im asking)

also did you try avalaunch or mxm dashboards ?

im pretty sure its your ftp client.
make sure your ftp program is NOT in passive mode. xbox dont do passive mode.

other than that,, try going into Internet Explorer typing in the address of your xbox,, then go to file, "log in as" and log in as your username and p/w . ok now the IE ftp will act just like windows does. right click some stuff and choose copy,, then paste it into your hard drive where your trying to save it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users