4 replies to this topic

#1 theoh

theoh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:20 PM

Hey everyone. I just have a quick question before locking my HD. Did some searching on the forums for my question but i can't seem to find it. I hope i'm not asking this question twice. Ok now with my question. I know that you need to lock the HD in order to use Xbox Live. Currently i have an Xbit modchip (working awesomely) using the latest EvoX BIOS. Now when i disable the modchip (4th dip switch) i get the 05 error, which i know it's because the HD is not locked. Now i am planning to lock the HD, but before i do.... will i use functionality of my HD? For example will i be able to move games and apps back and forth from my PC to the xbox as i am right now? Will i have to unlock it again for some reason? Like is there is a feature i want to use on the xbox, but i'll need to unlock it first? Will i lose any info on the HD currently? Is there any drawbacks for locking the HD.. that's pretty much my question. Or will everything be exactly the same except that i can boot up to the M$Dashboard without the 05 error. Thanks for all your info! biggrin.gif

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:22 PM

Nope, you won't lose info, you won't lose any functionality.

LOCK THE BEATCH!! smile.gif

#3 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:23 PM

As long as you lock it with the proper code, the xbox automatically unlocks it at every boot up. The reason you get error 05 is because the xbox can't unlock it. (since it's not locked). So, no, you really don't lose any functionality...

#4 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:27 PM

You Will Not Be Able To Play Games After You Lock !

Nan Just F****ng With Lock It With EvoX Or ConfigMagic

#5 theoh

theoh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Feb 11 2004, 08:22 PM)
Nope, you won't lose info, you won't lose any functionality.

LOCK THE BEATCH!! smile.gif

Hehe... I'm gonna smack my HD BeeeATCH up. heh heh.. Thanks for the quick replies guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users