• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chinkee

chinkee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:24 PM

i've been reading about unlocking the xbox potential via modchip for several days now. I even went through tutorials about soldering and was planning to hit up the local radio shack. It seems that you still have some soldering involved w/ the no modchip hack, but the main difference is that you don't have to pay 50 bucks for a modchip. instead, you have use audio exploits or game saves. Has anyone had experience and willing to offer some insight of why you would use a modchip rather than exploit? thanks in advance!

#2 The LukeMan

The LukeMan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:30 PM

well if you are talking about TSOP then you should read the TSOP flashing forum and S-E-A-R-C-H

plus since your a n00b do you know that you cant use live with TSOP unless u have a switch which you can so i heard

#3 VeXoN

VeXoN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:11 PM

No the main difference is that without a mod you have to flash the tsop and as a result you cant conect to Live, with a mod chip you can turn it off and conect to live....

#4 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:15 PM

you can still connect to live with TSOP flash. Just install a switch as normal.

#5 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:56 PM

There are exploits that don't require soldering... examples: Gamesave exploit, Font Exploit, and Audio Exploit. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users