• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jelly007

jelly007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:18 PM

I had someone install my chip and software for me, I assume it is a older version of slayers but I am not positive. It has hddloader 1.1, My question is should I upgrade to slayers 2.5? will it be difficult and what improvements can I expect? Thanks for any replies or suggestions

#2 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:24 PM

what version of evox do you have? if it's 3921 it was slayers 2.5, there really is no benefit to updating the programs, there are just a few bug fixes (adding g drive support and such) i've noticed older versions of some software runs better than newer ones. i had the newest version of evox and it ran like shit freezing up and the IGR wouldn't work right, put it back to 3921 and have no problems now.

#3 jelly007

jelly007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:33 PM

I just checked, it is 3921 the only reason I was asking is that see where others are talking about loading with something called DVD2XBOX and I cannot find that on mine. I thought it might help with a few games I got to load but could not play.

#4 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (jelly007 @ Feb 13 2004, 01:33 AM)
I just checked, it is 3921 the only reason I was asking is that see where others are talking about loading with something called DVD2XBOX and I cannot find that on mine. I thought it might help with a few games I got to load but could not play.

Slayer's is a collection of individual applications, put together in one very simple to install package - if you want any additional programs not included with Slayer's, or an updated version of an app that is, then you simply have to download it yourself from the usual places.

#5 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (jelly007 @ Feb 12 2004, 06:33 PM)

use ftp or boxxplorer to go to e:\apps\dvd2xbox

if you don't see it then create the folder, go to xbins, get the latest dvd2xbox and put it in that folder

then just edit the evox.ini and add a line for Dvd2xbox somewhere

(if slayers 2.5 was used on it, dvd2xbox is under the menu option system configuration utilities or something like that)

#6 Hooligan10

Hooligan10

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:00 AM

how do you get this slayers? Irc...then what?

#7 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:05 AM

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...ayers+2\.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users