omegabullit

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:10 AM

I have an Unmodded box, and the only thing ive tried on my thomson are DVD-Rs (it might have been +R, not sure) of my stepdads dvd backups, and everyone has worked perfect. though, cd-rs dont work, so until i can ftp, my xbox music is limited to store bought cd's (i dont own any cd-rws, nor do i kno if they work)

#92 Zod5000

Zod5000

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:38 AM

i've got the new samsung dvd drive in my xbox 1.6 (made in june 2004). and its pretty iffy reading cd-r's. Couldn't read memorex or maxell cdr's, but read these cheapass cicero discs i bought from futue shop a few years ago.

so i'm guessing its really picky on the cd-r's. That kinda sucks, but with it netowrked up to my ftp and the fact it'll play dvd-r's fine and cdrw's fine it doesn't really matter.

well it does cause i have lot of live concerts on cd i like to listen to, and if the xbox could play them i could put my dvd player in the bedroom.

i guess i should also note so far the drive hasn't had any problems with the cdrw discs (LG, YAMAHA, and a HP discs.. all of which came with old cd burners). dvd+rw maxell's work great. and i use ritekg04's and maxell's with a TYG01 (taiyo yuden code) and they all work fine.

I got some memerox (withj a prodisc03 media id code), when i run of out my maxells i'll be interested to see if the samsing reads 'em. They're supposed to be good discs (prodiscs) and they're pretty good for their price.

#93 Maseo

Maseo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:03 PM

OKay now im confused for sure...

Reading througout this topic i've seen many people with samsung drives, and the 'other tray' thingy.
Here's my strange story;
Like a year ago i sent my Xbox back for repairs, replaced the DVD drive.
It swallows everything i throw at it but the most strange thing is that my Samsung drive had a Thompson tray!

I cleary read SAMSUNG on the DVD drive , and well I opened the DVD-drive and saw a Thompson Tray..

WTF ? blink.gif

#94 voodoochild

voodoochild

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:50 AM

hi,

was wondering if anyone knows which CD-R's or CD-RW's are compatible with the Xbox Thompson drive.

A link to a list or just some recomended brands would be great - cheers

#95 jorns

jorns

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:05 PM

as all people can se it's kind of hard to get a Samsung drive (T/F).

What kind of DVD drive is the Philips one, is there a way to to buy one and then modify it so it will work in a XBOX ( with originals) like we can do with the samsung dvd drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users