#1 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:59 PM

hi guys..

Although i do not classify myself as a noob.....as i have modded my ps1/ps2 and recently my xbox with openxbox...all soldered myself.... and done all the softwares with the help of some good guides of course, ... but i need some clarification though..

Many are talking about disabling/turning off the chip as regards to online capability of some xbox games ... well my question is.. as witht the openxbox, i know that i could boot up to the original bios by pressing the eject button and the power button on method boots the modded bios..

1)Question - Does the use of eject button DISABLE/TURN off my openxbox chip or it simply get a code through to the chip to use the original bios? .. ( the chip is still turned on but the bios disabled?)

and... hmm ... i am guessing myself a little here that the simple eject button isn't an on/off switch by itself though) .. just need a little clarification...

thanks

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:07 PM

That's a decent, technical question.

I'm pretty sure the buttons directly power on the system through the power management hardware of the chipset, and the mode information gets passed on in some manner; I'd be willing to say there's a 99.99% chance that the BIOS code has not run at the point the decision is made as to which BIOS to load. There simply isn't enough space and I'm not sure that's entirely possible with LPC. There must be a signal associated with it (D0?) seperate from the LPC pins.

#3 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 05:39 AM

similar opinion here but ....i am a little on the paranoid kind of person although i like to try new things.. hehe
gonna try some tricks soon... see how it goes... and will post a little note here...
smile.gif
thanks for the extra input though

cheers
beerchug.gif

#4 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 December 2002 - 05:48 AM

It completely bipasses the chip and runs the bios that is on your TSOP...in your case...the original MS bios which is Live Safe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users