#1 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2004 - 03:25 AM

It would appear that some shops are now selling the clone x2.2pro again. They have been out fo stock for a long time now.. but 2 shops appear to have a limited number of them in stock again. Interesting.

I find it very interesting.. that they don't list the fact that they are clones.. or that they were fixed. One of the shops reportedly did by replacement CPLD for their fakes so they can be "fixed". However.. when selling an Xecuter product.. people should be honest about the chip.

If they aren't clones.. how did they score chips that have long since been discontinued?

So.. anyone seeing a NEW deal on x2.2 pros.. and don't see people fessing up the details.. take some advice.. and don't touch them.

For the info on tha FAKE chips.. and the 4 shops involved last time (check their site now...)

http://forums.xbox-s...opic=135567&hl=

http://forums.xbox-s...=137013&hl=fake

#2 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 February 2004 - 05:17 AM

As more and more people are looking for chips, lets hope they dont fall for buying fake chips. Like HSDEMONZ stated, 2.2 Pro's haven't been in production since sep/oct of last year.

Keep your eye out and make sure you know what you are buying...

Edited by lookformeb, 14 February 2004 - 05:18 AM.

#3 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 05:22 AM

I don't have too much of a problem with shops selling clones.. as long as they state that. Same with FIXED clones.

#4 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:56 AM

Fixed is the key. I also have no problem with people buying clones as long as they are getting exactly what they paid for. Most people are very upset when they purchase a chip they believe to be genuine (and pay the same price) while they actually get a fake (possebly not even fully functional). Fact of the matter is, clones are rarely sold being noted as clones, correct?

Just gotta keep your eye open. If you're ever worried, it's always safe to go with an official reseller.

Edited by lookformeb, 14 February 2004 - 09:56 AM.

#5 jive

jive

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:01 PM

Also just as another reminder, GET YOUR chips from OFFICIAL resellers listed on Teamxecuter's website. The following shops are the ONLY official resellers right now.
    [ ]Where To Buy
    [ *] system-mods.com
    [ *] baldbouncer.co.uk
    [ *] mrmodchips.com
    [ *] divineo.co.uk
    [ *] modchip.ca

all other sites may have official teamxecuter chips but TeamXecuter will not stand by the other shops and will not send those shops any fixes or parts. But yes, those 2.2 chips up for sale now are REAL questionable so please dont get tricked into buying something that is not REAL.

#6 nolga

nolga

Xbox-Scene SPONSOR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 03:05 PM

Itís not right how ever when the xecuter name is used for some pos clone chips. At least name the chips something else. I am sure ubergeek will have his way with them when he gets back.

from modchipman - this isnt an ongoing thing.. we've had 2 batches from the supplier that gave us these faulty chips.. other than that, we've gone through official resellers of the chips.

Make up your mind either sell clones are donít. Donít say your going to stop selling them and a few months later restock them. Especially donít lie and say you buy from official sellers when your behaving like this. We all know your Xecuter source now days is xbox-modchips.com and I seriously doubt any official dealer wants to deal with you if you sell clones and lie about it. Since the official dealer carries the risk of you selling clones and saying you got them from the official dealer. Thatís one of the main reasons you donít get chips from us anymore. Donít feel bad though we only do wholesale to 3 people an its under qty of 50 per order. We like to make retail for our chips since we sell a few hundred per hour

Edited by nolga, 14 February 2004 - 03:06 PM.

#7 wsu99999

wsu99999

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

The cloned chips are easy to get to work, turn all jumpers on at boot, when the drive ejects, put the jumpers into the right position, and there ya go. Just load the bios off of a cd.. worked for me.

#8 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:56 PM

That is not the issue whether they work or not.

The issue is about selling chips.. and possibly not being honest about where you got them.. or if they are legit or not.

If people are selling Official Xecuter Chips.. say so.

If people are selling Clone Xecuter Chips.. say so.

If people are selling "Fixed Clone Xecuter Chips.. say so.

It's about being honest with the customer.

It's halfway through Feb, 2004. Where did they get a batch of Xecuter 2.2pro chips 4 months after they were discontinued? That is the question.

If they are reall.. tell us how they got them.
If they are fake.. state it. People will still buy them I'm sure.
If they are fake and fixed.. state it.. and don't charge Xecuter full prices for a fake and fixed chip.

It's that simple. It's becoming clear.. that with the recent Fake Xecuters and the recent Fake Xeniums.. that some people will simply not be honest with the public.. and will try to sell you something it's not.

#9 Muntzster

Muntzster

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Fire

Posted 14 February 2004 - 11:35 PM

thats horrible.. ripping people off and knowing about it is just the worst thing ever... all i gotta say is if ur gonna be a scammer.. do it somewhere else

#10 eyric101

eyric101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:06 AM

I think its pretty presumptious to assume they are clones because shops have them and you don't know where they came from. Most shops hold spares on hand as replacements for x number of months in case they have to replace a defective chip.

#11 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (eyric101 @ Feb 14 2004, 09:06 PM)
I think its pretty presumptious to assume they are clones because shops have them and you don't know where they came from.  Most shops hold spares on hand as replacements for x number of months in case they have to replace a defective chip.

Spares? 4 months later?

...in the modchip scene.. that's bullshit.

Even the biggest shops in the scene.. do not have replacements for 4 month old chips. They either refund or exachange for current.

There are a few mickey mouse outfits that still have 5 and ten ancient chips.. but then again.. the shops involved aren't mickey mouse.

I don't assume they are clones.. I assume though that some shops are STILL not being honest about their chips or the source of them.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM

#12 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:04 PM

Time to float away.

UNPINNED

0 user(s) are reading this topic