#1 iz3r

iz3r

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 February 2004 - 07:44 PM

I was trying to tsop, i did, i tired to add a switch to the a19 point, but the pad got lifted so somone posted and said that i should do the alternate a19 on top
user posted image
but some solder got on the other points, i kept desoldering and desoldering and one of the points on top of the tract point got bent towards eachother, and now it turns on and off on and off, waht can i do do i have to buy a new mobo get it repaired?

#2 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:30 PM

one of your pins is bent now? and is shorting out to the one next to it?

did you get rid of all the extra solder?

clean the tip of the soldering iron with a damp sponge to remove excess solder and to get it nice and tinned.

use an exacto knife along with your soldering iron heat the pin that is bent and very very very gently and slowly bend it back into place. You can then use the exacto knife to try to clean away solder that are connecting the two pins together, but dont keep the soldering iron on it too long, just have it on there long enough to allow you to bend the pin straight again, and then remove the soldering iron and wait alittle bit before you go back and try to clean up the solder.

i know the pins are tiny, so if you have a long soldering iron and it shakes alot while trying to heat the pin, try using the edge of the xbox case ( the metal edge) and lean your soldering iron on that as a pivot point it will help you greatly with control and jitters.

Edited by Lugnut, 14 February 2004 - 08:36 PM.

#3 iz3r

iz3r

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Lugnut @ Feb 14 2004, 10:30 PM)
one of your pins is bent now? and is shorting out to the one next to it?

did you get rid of all the extra solder?

clean the tip of the soldering iron with a damp sponge to remove excess solder and to get it nice and tinned.

use an exacto knife along with your soldering iron heat the pin that is bent and very very very gently and slowly bend it back into place. You can then use the exacto knife to try to clean away solder that are connecting the two pins together, but dont keep the soldering iron on it too long, just have it on there long enough to allow you to bend the pin straight again, and then remove the soldering iron and wait alittle bit before you go back and try to clean up the solder.

i know the pins are tiny, so if you have a long soldering iron and it shakes alot while trying to heat the pin, try using the edge of the xbox case ( the metal edge) and lean your soldering iron on that as a pivot point it will help you greatly with control and jitters.

its the point about the pin, and its not shorting, it just turns on and off

yes i did, i used like 2 feet of desolder

but even before the point about the pin got bent it turned on and off, but i also tried slowly bendfing it back, ti jsut bent another point sad.gif

#4 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:43 AM

oh you mean the via???

#5 iz3r

iz3r

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 06:33 AM

umm i think, all i know is im totally fucked, i just spent my money on a new hdd, and now im flatt broke, im trying to raise some money and i know this is pathetic lame and not in the right fourm but please help me out sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users