• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 muldoonaz

muldoonaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 11:11 PM

I have an Xecuter 2.3 Lite+ and I got it installed fine. It worked for a couple of months, but then my first and second controller ports stopped working. The Xbox still booted up fine, but in my attempt to fix the controller ports, somehow I stopped my xbox from booting up properly.

The external chip with the switches on it no longer lights up, and when I unplug it, the xbox boots up. When I plug it back in, it boots up 3 times, then frags. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

#2 Muntzster

Muntzster

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Fire
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 February 2004 - 11:29 PM

u coulda searched and found my post just unscrew it and wipe the points then rescrew it back in... should work

#3 muldoonaz

muldoonaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:23 AM

I just tried that. I wiped the contacts on the motherboard and the pogopins on the chip down with a cloth and its still booting up 3 times, then frag. There doesn't seem to be any electrical damage to the board from what I can tell, but I'm no expert.

#4 futbol4kee

futbol4kee

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2004 - 01:07 PM

If ur 1st and 2nd controller ports stopped working that means ur usb adapter is loose. try securing it alittle more.

#5 muldoonaz

muldoonaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:26 PM

that's no longer my main concern. I thought the exact same thing, so I re-opened up my xbox and secured the usb adaptor back into the port. When I tried to boot the xbox back up, it no longer boots anymore.

#6 The LukeMan

The LukeMan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:29 PM

this happened to me apart from the controller ports thing but mine fragged and it was because of the chip alignment i had to get it just right a few weeks later moved my xbox mis aligned it and had to do again cus it fragged but when i re aligned it was fine

#7 muldoonaz

muldoonaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (The LukeMan @ Feb 15 2004, 02:29 PM)
this happened to me apart from the controller ports thing but mine fragged and it was because of the chip alignment i had to get it just right a few weeks later moved my xbox mis aligned it and had to do again cus it fragged but when i re aligned it was fine

I've realigned the chip so many times. The blue and yellow LED's light up when it boots, but it still does the same thing. A friend of mine said it could it be something with the bios, but I don't think that would be it.

Is there a possibility that he's right?

Edited by muldoonaz, 29 February 2004 - 02:22 AM.

#8 muldoonaz

muldoonaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:44 AM

badass. I got it to work.

From what I can gather, it was the controller ports that were causing the problem. It seems my first two controller ports have stopped working completely, or that the chip that draws the power from the USB connection on the motherboard doesn't want to relay the ports back to the board. Anyway, I unplugged the ports, and tried booting it, and it boots fine.

Unless anyone has a spare xbox that has working controller ports they'd like to sell me, I guess I'll just have to deal with only two working ports.

Thank you all for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

#9 muldoonaz

muldoonaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:43 AM

another update: It seems that the power chip becomes dislodged from the USB connection very easily. After posting this, I hooked my xbox back up to my TV and it started fragging again. I opened it back up and to my surprise, the power chip was loose. I pushed it back in and it booted up fine.

While the controllers still don't work, I don't know whether this is maybe because of a faulty power chip, or if the ports are actually bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users