• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pressisa

pressisa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 04:45 PM

I recently recieved my xbox back from my friend who modded it with the Xecuter 2.2 but i noticed that i was getting some klipping on both the media player and the xbox media player. I went into my xbox media player and then into settings or video settings and there was a list of video modes that could be used. The mode that my xbox was on was NTSC-M but i decided to test NTSC-J to see if it would stop the clipping. Now I know that this is the JAP video mode and I regret having changed it because now when i power up my xbox my tv doesn't recognize the signal. Somehow the change did not only effect the xbox media player but also evolutionx and the normal xbox dashboard. The only way that I have access to the files is through the network with my computer. I have my hardrive backed up from before I made this change but after I transferred my backup over to my xbox I am still not getting a video output. This means that it must now be a problem with the bios. Does anyone has any suggestions for where I can get access to a multi-region monitor I would be able to quickly change back the setting, or it there is a way I can fix the bios? any suggestions woudl be great....thanks.
Scott

#2 pressisa

pressisa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 06:16 PM

i just found that since xbox has a bios it should also have a battery backup on the motherboard. If this is true would it affect my mod chip or anyhting else if i remove this battery backup? If not i think that that would reset my video setting..
please repley....!?!???!!?

#3 KlaasBaas

KlaasBaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:07 AM

I canīt remember a battery to be honest.
Besides it is possible to store that setting even without battery.
In other words, more fixed, so no. This path will probabely not
lead you to anything.

Look in the forum, here they discuss a trick with a boot DVD with
a tool to blindly switch to PAL/NTSC again.

#4 Soup

Soup

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 February 2004 - 10:22 AM

Get Enigmah Video Switcher, and read the documentation. You burn it to CDRW, boot it, press a button-dpad combination, and it sets your video back to the proper format. Also there is no backup battery, since the video mode is stored in the EEPROM (which doesn't need power to hold the setting).

Please search before you ask, this has been answered dozens of times before.

#5 pressisa

pressisa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 04:07 PM

alright, that will help me alot. Im gonna try to find the enigmah video switcher now but if anyone can give me a link that would be great.

#6 pressisa

pressisa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 08:50 PM

I can find a couple Enigmah programs but from what ive seen they either go from ntsc to pal which is the opposite of what i need, or there are switching programs which you burn to a cd but when you load it you have choose what mode you want to go into. Since I can't see my screen I cannot use anything like this. I am very sorry that I can't figure this out but I am just a newbie to these modifications. HELP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users